rFactor2 update 240 locking rFactor1??

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ceSniper, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ceSniper

ceSniper Registered

Last night I got home, turn on the pc, got on ts with some friends, updated rfactor2 to last build through the updater and tested for a while.
    Turn off the pc and went to bed

today I try to open rfactor and I get the message that is lock and I need to purchase it, when 2 days ago was working fine and I have make no changes in hardware or even software, the only difference in my system in the last 2 days is the update of rfactor2.

I sent a message to rfactor support and got a reply saying they dont support the product anymore.....

is rfactor2 messing up the rfactor1 credentials/code?

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well, considering you got that response, I'm assuming you've made a series of errors, because that response cannot have come from us, as we do support rF1.

What version of rF1 are you using?
    What OS do you use?
    Have you changed anything on your system?

3. ceSniper

ceSniper Registered

hello Tim,
    I got this message when asked for a re-activation:

"Hello,

Thank you for your message. Please note that TryMedia is no longer distributing or supporting downloadable games since December 31, 2012. We no longer support re-activations for games downloaded or purchased from our former partners or affiliates.

You can browse for new games at this location:

Thank you.

TryMedia Customer Support"

I notice it says trymedia but that is how I purchased it and I dont know of any other support mail/channel.
    In any case, I am using 1.255 version with windows 7 64bits and I havent changed anything lately. The only thing I changed was in the multiplayer file of rfactor2, where I changed the default port for 34447, which is also used in rfactor1. It shouldn´t have anything to do, but that is the only thing I´ve changed.
    Maybe I should have posted this in the rfactor1 forum.
    regards

4. ceSniper

ceSniper Registered

been reading http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/13189-Issues-with-activation so I am donwloading last version to see if that fixes it. I see there was already an update for this but havent been aware of it. I hope it fixes the problem

EDIT:

after installing 1.255g and sending an email with my order #, I received a new code and that one works, so indeed the problem was already addressed and the fix is in here, so thanks for that.
    Problem fixed, but still dont know what caused it. I also posted this in the rfactor1 thread about this problem

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013