Blancpain Endurance Series

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nuno P, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There is no release date- don't ask. Some of the cars are ready to go right now, some still need to be tweaked and some are not converted yet. Still to be done: 997 physics, conversion of final cars, work on some shaders

This mod is being converted by PetraGTC with permission from Koda Factory team from rFactor1

3. vitor costa

vitor costa Registered

Can we try?

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Can you change the name of the server to make it clear that this is a BETA? I don't want people thinking this is the final version, right now this beta release is to have fun with only.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Why this is released here :eek:

Good set of cars, nice suprise.

Have anybody had time to test how these cars feel? I couldn't plug in my wheel right now so I just watched AI driving.

I understand it's BETA, but so are many other cars :p so maybe a thread to vechiles section ;)

Really good stuff coming apparently :) Thanks.

6. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

I can change the name of the mod but i will not change the name of the server lol

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

That'd be fine, thanks.

8. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

Guy you were on the server with us today right? I think i remember seeing the name Guybo :)

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yep, Guybo = Guy Moulton. He is too cowardly to run under his real name. He is a real wrecker that guy. Hahaha.. Just kidding Guy. :p

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yup, I was looking for Noel on there so I could clean him out but the bastard wouldn't show!

My nick is guybo, my name is Guy. I was on there but I couldn't keep up with the guys who were on there- they were quick (some German drivers). Sebring has never been a good track for me though. I know it like the back of my hand but I am always slow on it.

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

This looks like a very promising mod. Do you know if there are plans to bring the full compliment of BES cars to this mod? It would be great to have the Lamborghini Gallardo, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Audi R8, Nissan GT-R and the Ferrari 458 Italia for the full set of cars.

12. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

@ Noel lol
    @ Guy yeah i thought i saw you in there :)
    trying to figure out what to call the mod, should i name it alpha, beta or not finished? :p

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Probably alpha since not all the cars are converted. As far as I know (I'm not doing the converting) most, if not all of these 2012 Blancpain cars will be included. PetraGTC has permission to do the lot of them- so that would leave the Audi R8 LMS Ultra (not sure abut the non-Ultra R8), Ferrari 458 Italia (this one may come out this week- not sure), and Lamborghini LP600+

Included already are the F430 skins for the Race for 3dSimEd3 Donators- and they are stunning (obviously MINE is the best!)

After the conversions are done, there will be work on shaders (graphics) and physics tweaking and performance balancing. Right now the Merc is just too fast and blows allt he other cars away. The F430 is the slowest (but that's by design- it was an older model in the series and did not contest all the rounds).

14. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Thanks all for sharing... hopefully the floodgates open soon ;)

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Tried them all and they are already great to drive, they feel great, awesome! Thanks!

One wish, could you please set the height of the bumper view somewhere near the drivers head height? Like ISI has done it. The reason is that the cockpit view is not always possible for tin tops in stereoscopic 3D (in cockpit view if 3D is setup correctly it often strains the eyes). The hood view height is to high in this mod.

16. vitor costa

vitor costa Registered

I`ve tryed this cars and they`re driveble right now. Nice surprise. I think that the BMW Z4 has no speed sensation. Mercedes is not so bad but it lacks speed sensation in my opinion. The other ones are fine regarding to speed sensation.

17. JETninja

JETninja Registered

18. Tommy1

Tommy1 Registered

Hey Guy where in Tampa im from there to

19. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Just did some quick laps before I had to run off to work...:(

Tried the BMW and the Ferrari; both were very well drivable and much fun, and had very distinctive characteristics. Good job so far! Really eager to drive them when tweaked

20. 10speed

10speed Registered

PetraGTC must have very close ties with Turn10/microsoft and/or EA to get permission for a conversion of these cars to rFactor2 because the 3d models are either from Shift2 or Forza4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.