Switchable Graphics Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by chappybmx, Jul 7, 2013.

1. chappybmx

chappybmx Registered

It seems I'm having and issue with the switchable graphics with rF2. I have an MSI GX60 with AMD Radeon HD 7970M graphics card and an onboard graphics card. I fired up PCARS and it ran it very smooth on the highest settings but for some reason with rF2, I get ~20FPS with settings on high.

If anyone can help me out a little, that would be great! This should run better on this laptop than it did on my previous one, ASUS G73JH, and it's a little frustrating it's not. Thanks

The picture attached shows the rF2 setting and the AMD preferences that shows I actually DO have a 7970M (for a while I thought I didn't) :confused:

View attachment 8647

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

your ccc does show 7970 but rfactor setup screen show different. That could be your snag. Could be rF2 isn't using your 7970's full capacity. Maybe you should rebuild player file.

Also, could be grabbing at straws, but a sim not using spec's for newest card is not unusual.

3. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

I dont have one of these, so I'm flying blind. Are you able to select high performance for the rF2 app from the CCC?

View attachment 8667

4. chappybmx

chappybmx Registered

Well after playing around with some settings the video card seems to be working, it just doesn't show up on the rfconfig with rf1 or rf2. I have a light that changes colors when it switches graphics cards so all is well. Thanks for the advice.