Game shutting down

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by mackan25, Jul 7, 2013.

1. mackan25

mackan25 Registered

Hi, I have a really annoying problem (It stops me from playing at all). Everything is normal untill I press "Race" while in the garage. I can even watch the AI drive but as soon as I press race the game shuts down. I have tried to uninstall and install it again but it didn't work. I think the problem started when I tried to download some things for a Megane server but I'm not sure. ATM I'm trying to remove those rfcpm's.

If anyone can help me with this or has had a similar problem please comment

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I had something similar earlier. I lowered the shadows and turned off the shadow blur and restarted and everything was fine. Weird, I know. The game had never crashed before.

3. mackan25

mackan25 Registered

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that

4. trevcart1979

trevcart1979 Registered

I am having the same issue. Tried putting all the settings down to the lowest and off and still it CTD. It only happens when i try and run Silvertstone thereafter every track will not load and CTD.

Any ideas?

5. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Have you also turned off FXAA and HDR in the launcher?

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The only setting which should need to be reduced unless you are stretching the minimum specification is texture settings. If you are anywhere close to the minimum, then you need to literally run bare.

7. argo0

argo0 Registered

Turning off Road reflections, Environmental reflections and mirrors each give me greater gains than Texture detail. In fact, Silverstone forced me to turn off Road reflection (which I've had on since first build) and Environment reflection (which I've had on since the 'low/high' option was introduced). The huge gains I experienced enabled me to put Texture detail on high with very little cost to FPS.

8. trevcart1979

trevcart1979 Registered

yep all turned off and still the same issue!

System:
    nvidia 680 gtx
    i5 2500k @3.30Ghz
    8Mb ram
    windows 8 64bit

9. Wright63b

Wright63b Registered

Same thing here. It was working fine for months then I dnlded the track pack from ISR this morning and installed now when I hit race it kicks me back to desktop and says rfactor isnt working. Makes no dif what cars or track I'm on.All of my settings are on low but like I said it was working great (if you can call 40 fps great) untill now.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Tim isn't talking about Texture detail for gaining FPS, he's saying that if your game is unable to run Silverstone (for example) it's likely running out of memory so reducing texture detail is the first thing to do in order to 'fix' it. All the reflections don't use memory as such, but they are more taxing so reduce performance.

11. Wright63b

Wright63b Registered

I deleted RF2 and re-installed. Works now but I didnt put every track I've dnlded back in the game. Only the tracks I generally race on. Maybe it has something to do with memory available when your tracks file is too large?? I know when the cars or tracks option is set to list view instead of spinner it loads 2 times faster when I click to change car or track i'm running.

12. mackan25

mackan25 Registered

I tried to lower all graphics settings and it still crashed :(