Upgrade License standard to life-time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Javi Soto, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Javi Soto

Javi Soto Registered

Good in my league would give a license rf2 but of course there are people who already have it, is there any way to upgrade a standard license for life-time? thanks

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

I would be curious too, as I'd like the lifetime licence too.

3. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I know I might sound daft although I bought the lifetime licence I don't know what the advantages are

Does it just mean the lifetime licence enables the ongoing updates ?

Or are there going up be official ISI servers ?

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

lifetime means lifetime multiplayer access.

email payment@rfactor.net and ask if they will allow you to pay the difference to upgrade.

6. driftlegende94

driftlegende94 Registered

I think that if you own the lifetime licence you donĀ“t have to pay to play online after one year. If you have the normal licence you have to pay a few bucks to play online again.

7. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

yep... online as well as autoupdate

I believe once the yearly runs out you also need to do manual updates...
    I do this anyways... but lifetime does seem like it will pay for itself if you are playing alot online

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I thought manual updates do not exist any more.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Play online ?

But I host my own server & friends connect to this

If I didn't have a lifetime license I wouldn't be able to do this ?

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

No, standard license gives you a lifetime of offline access (should include all future build updates) and 12 months of online (i.e. multiplayer) access. With the standard membership you will need to pay for another 12 months online access at the end of your current 12 month credit. Your first 12 months started the day rfactor2 stopped being beta if you purchased before then or the day you activated you account with the first login if you purchased after the beta phase.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

There is going to be an annual license fee in order to continue to be able to use rF2 once they release the product. The lifetime will not have to pay the annual fee so everything would be seamless to them, but yearly might experience an interruption if they forget to pay in time. What this might mean is that in order to get the updates that are released, you have to be current in your payments and if you don't update, then there is a possibility of a mismatch for online racing.

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

That sounds like your saying that the online is always accessable but you will need the online membership for the updates so you can keep joining updated servers. If so, that's not the case.

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rfactor2-purchase/

Whether auto-updater works or not with the standard version with no online membership, you will still be able to update by a complete reinstall with a new build installer (since to the best of my knowledge, manual updates do not exist any more).

13. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

From the Prepurchase FAQ

Included in online services are all multiplayer (including LAN) services, automatic updating of the software, and other online features we have planned for future development.

If you do not renew the Standard versions online services, your simulation will become an offline-only simulator, where you cannot race against other people and instead must race against the computer A.I. You will also have to manually locate, download and install updates to the software.

;)

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

But i think this is old, from when the manual update files were made available because the auto-updater was not functional for the majority of the beta stage.

If you can find me a build 240 manual update somewhere then you could prove me wrong. I can't remember where exactly but i feel like i've read a forum post by Tim or someone from ISI stating that manual updates are have ended. But i could be wrong.

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Thanks for the correction Dr. you are correct on that point.

16. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

I believe this is what the lite builds are for. Installing over old build to update core files...

You may be right as well though. Hard to keep up ;)
    Tim will likely clear it up when he is feeling better.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Maybe it's the multiplayer section will be greyed out ( only the single player & dev will be available if no licence )

Ok fine that makes sense, guess it keeps ISI in some revenue from the use of rf2 also

18. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

In any case I think the game itself should be of notice in advance which renew the license online CEVE early enough, as with the antivirus etc.
    Do not know if it happened to many people but I sure I be notified if I do not, in fact not since that date has begun to count the year online or todabia has not begun.
    And it is no longer where I have the head .........

In Googel.

19. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I requested the lifetime after paying for yearly. Gjon got back with me and had to pay remaining balance is all.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The Lite installer serves as such.