Silverstone is undriveable

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by JC8865, Jul 4, 2013.

1. JC8865

JC8865 Registered

Just downloaded the new Silverstone...haven't had an issue with any other track..but this one freezes and the frames are horrible...lag is so bad you can even gt off pit lane...Ive tried everything from low settings to turning off all the eye candy stuff and still horrible..I have a decent rig set up,its not a super computer by any means but it can run any other track all on max and still get 60fps..anyone else run into an issue with Silverstone?
    Too bad ISI tracks cant be at the same quality level as VLM tracks are...very frustrating.

JC

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Too bad you can't find the search function :)

3. JC8865

JC8865 Registered

Too bad you cant offer any real support other than a worthless comment.
    And yes Ive used the search function.

4. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    Your PC configuration ?

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I get 85fps Silverstone and 92fps Lime Rock.

Do a FRESH "LITE" BUILD 240

NO OLD FILES.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Jc

Reading the posts some users seem fine with silverstone performance & others the opposite

Best thing to do (sorry I know thus obvious ) forget all previous settings & put everything to minimum & work your way up
    Make sure your resolution & AA is set to as low as possible (I use no AA as I like fps to be around the 100fps ) & resolution now 720x4100

Doing a new fresh install if the latest build helped some users too

Good luck

7. clevytr6

clevytr6 Registered

Updating my video card drivers to the latest version helped my FPS. Sometimes I get the 4 fps and then leave the race and reload track. Then all is fine, back to 60 fps.

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I get about 10 FPS less at Silverstone than other tracks. Only modern Monza is worse. Alt-tabbing a few times helps when there is a very low FPS count. I don't know what's going on about that, though.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Silverstone is still in an early version state. It'll be optimized better when the 1.4x version comes out. I get terrible frame rates here too, but not as bad as the OP.

Have you tried to turn the track details way down?

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Way to welcome newcomers to the community, kaptainkremman. Good job. I expect you think your response is quite clever. Sorry but it was not. Only counter-productive and potentially damaging.

Anyway, JC, it would help to know more about your system.

I personally had to disable crossfire to get my amd card to work but that may not be your problem.

11. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

You make a fair point and I apologise to the OP. However it is frustrating (especially for people that don't have too many problems) to see yet another thread about bad performance at Silverstone.

tbh if newcomers to the community were to read some of your posts they wouldn't be too impressed and of course we know you you don't share my opinions on starting up a new thread for any passing thought you might have. ;)

12. Joshua Roe

Joshua Roe Registered

I can't get silverstone to work either, it gets to 4/5s loading bar then the program freezes. I have tried setting the texture detail to low to no avail.

My computer isn't minimum specifications:

Intel I7 3.6 GHZ
    8 gb of ram
    Windows 7 64 bit
    AMD Raedeon HD 6800 1gb vram

13. Joshua Roe

Joshua Roe Registered

Now it is working, it seems doing a fresh install fixed whatever was buggering it.

14. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I had to do this also guys. As was stated here in this thread it will get better as we go along. Being a beta I always do a fresh install just for those reasons. It always helps. :)

15. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I'm getting an occasional freeze up at Silverstone if I have an off on the first or second turns off pit straight. Yes, I know it takes talent to screw up on what is a simple but fast part of the track but a collision here or major off can potentially (on my system) freeze the game screen. PC remains stable, just rF2 is unresponsive. It is the only place on the track I experience this and the only track I've played from ISI that has this issue.
    Damage is set at 100%. More motivation to not screw up but figured I'd mention it. Not a performance issue as I'm getting over a 100+ FPS in these areas with everything on Full or High.
    Cheers.

16. Tiger

Tiger Registered

it's just a question of details, you just have to lower some, like track details, other drivers, shadows...
    I never put all at max, why? nobody said it's because you have a very performing card that you should set all at max, it's a bit like, I got a Ferrari, I always run fast...
    any performing video card works a lot better when it doen't run at max possibility!
    some range would run perfect and some would turn your video down, because the max is too much!
    I have a gtx 570 and everything is fine at Silverstone ;)

17. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

I never set everything on max except driver, opponent and track details. Shadows, special effects and road reflections remain on low while the blur is set on fast. This assures me a strong 80+FPS (with HDR and FXAA activated)!

18. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Not sure I agree with your analogy since I've owned a lot of sports cars and track them. If they could only survive half the day I wouldn't find that acceptable. Anyway, the card isn't maxed, nor are all the settings, bout half is max the rest high. The AC demo doesn't crash running 124fps locked for the most part (OS is also rock solid) and I can stress test my CPU and memory and it passes with no issues. I can run ISI Sepang with no issues or hangs as well. This seems to be a problem at Silverstone only.

I have max frames set to 120 in the plr, unlimited I'll see areas at Silverstone hit 150+. It only drops below 120fps entering the pit straight. So my GPU isn't under 100% load 100% of the time. Many new displays are coming out at 120hz so running at 120fps should be acceptable as well.

Something about going off at high speed on some of the curbing at Silverstone puts the game into a bad state it can't recover from on my setup. It only happens when I hit a curb bump pretty hard. The game freezes and I have to launch the task manager and kill the app. The PC is fine and nothing is pegged while rF2 is hung, i.e. plenty of memory and CPU available. Would be helpful if ISI could suggest some logging to enable to get an idea of what might be going on here. I thought it could be T500 related so I updated drivers from v40 to v41 but it made no difference.

I did right-click the rF2 icon and went into properties and set rF2 to run as admin. I was able to complete a 12 lap race at Silverstone last night (AI 100% with Formula2 car, lots o fun) with no hangs but that isn't enough testing to know if that resolved it or not. Not sure why that would make a difference but trying anything at this point. It's a new PC build running 4770K OC'd to 4.2 and 16GB mem, 250GB SSD, and a PNY 660Ti with the latest Nvidia drivers. The only rF2 difference is I didn't install all the available ISI mods and tracks like I had on my old X51 setup. I assume that isn't a requirement like it was back in the early beta driver days.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013