ISI provide 3D Max material library (.mat file)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by pay2021, Jul 2, 2013.

1. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

ISI will provide a 3D Max material library/template/sort of (.mat file) in Support\Tools.

Maybe from specific models like Formula and Corvette, the base materials like car paint glossy/chrome/matte, glass, plastic, carbon fiber, etc.

Also track materials, asphalt, grass, water, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
  2. YoNiS

YoNiS Registered

+1 also track textures could be really helpful

3. Iwan

Iwan Registered

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Just some proper documentation would be a great help.

Track textures, that's for the modders to create!

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

If ISI want to give it, It will be a very good point to help the Car/Track modders.

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I think they should give them up considering modders will do a bulk of the work and I would also have a sign off process for mods so that they meet a standard and only quality mods are built & used for rF2. I know it will never happen & the approach of don't like, don't install will prevail.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

How do you expect people doing quality content from the very beginning without the proper formation and the normal learning curve process? Without experienced people's feedback and help this would be impossible.

I dont now why do you try to veto what you dont like and have the opportunity not to use. It is up to you if you just want to download isi content. Does it disturb you when you see for example one of my tracks which for sure it is not high quality in the marchmaker? You probably dont realize but when i do it encourages me to keep on learning and trying to imorove my lijited skills. You might create your own downloading site with what you consider to have sufficient quality. Dont try to restrict others imposing your own ideas. It sounds similar as if only talented drivers would be allowed to drive online.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ Spaskis - I think there may have been some miss understanding here. I am on your side pal had have been a voice for modders in the past. Please see here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/13023-More-IS-customer-modder-info

I do not expect high quality content from the beginning and am in no particular rush. I believe the beginning has come and gone. Early stages maybe. From reading around I believe there should be more transparency and coming to together between yourselves (modders) and ISI. Joining resources for one common goal, to make rF2 the best sim racing experience out there with quality not quantity mods. ISI should feed the hand that feeds them. I understand you like a challenge however you guys shouldn't be left in the dark also to figure everything out for yourselves. A lot of energy is being spent on conversions as people are impatient and some work well however a lot don't and really give the product a bad image. This is why I think ISI should take control a little. I respect and am very appreciative of what you all do. I am just starting to get into 3D modelling as I like a challenge also but I know it will be a very slow process to get anywhere near the level you guys are on & I am hoping that there would a little more support for people like me that also would like to contribute.

Please keep this in mind, I was over at my little cousins house and surprisingly he had rF2 and was racing what I would call a sub standard track and you should have heard the comments coming from his mates. None of them really new anything about rFactor but one thing was clear based on what they were briefly looking at they weren't in any rush to go out and buy it. I love rF1 & rF2 however I am in a different boat to these console kids.

ISI should feel honoured modders want to use there textures.

btw I like your work and have given you positive feedback in the past ;)

cheers

mm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
  9. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Guys, im with ISI about the "all mods/any mod" policy, quality comes later result of learning (except aliens like feels3), we all are learning now.

Saying that please focus in the topic itself :)

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I misunderstood you then mingmong. Sorry about that.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

no sweat pal, responded like a true pro! I can also see how I may have ruffled your feathers ;)