lost wheel in Build 240

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by mospider, Jun 29, 2013.

1. BerJupiler

BerJupiler Registered

That's the message I get. It always happens to me when computer in the network shut down, and often just on random occasions. I have Win8 with a fanatic clubsport Elite.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thanks for the reply Terrence, see my first post on page one, this happens in game after the wheel has been working fine moments before and also from game start.
    happened once so far in 300 and I've not played much since this build was released, I'll try the profile thing you mentioned when I get time. Hope we can help you get it sorted as it is immensely annoying and thankfully I don't race online, imagine having to restart when you go to grid...Urgh!!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Plugged in my G25
    Shut down Windows
    Started the PC
    Went into RF2
    No controller

That to me does'nt explain why RF2 has'nt picked it up, again it's the only controller plugged in and from the boot of the machine so Windows has "assigned its slot".
    Nothing wrong with the USB port as when I shut RF2 down and re-started it voila...the controller worked!

4. tcb77

tcb77 Registered

I had this problem in the last 2 days with my G27 and solved changing USB input that was USB3 to USB2 ..... I believe this is really the problem because after the change, the problem was finally solved. I'm using the latest update.

5. Craigjw

Craigjw Registered

I have a G27 using Build 300.

I had a similar problem. On lap 22 of a 45 lap race, my wheel went from 540 degrees of rotation to 90 degrees while the force feedback increased proportionately, I was in 2nd place at the time, 5s behind the lead, it was very difficult to drive and lost a substantial amount of time and causing me pins and needles due to the extra amount of force that was needed to keep control of the wheel for 18 laps. During a later pit stop, I had to unplug my wheel, causing me to lose all steering, I unplugged it 3 times in total before I got steering back, at which point, my race was almost over having spent over a minute in the pits unable gain control of my cars steering. Another member during the same race had similar issues with their G27 too, losing all control.

Please look into this issue, as this has happened on several occasions and only with rFactor 2. This has happened in previous builds as far back as build 240 as far as I can recall.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks everyone for the good feedback.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

7. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

Hi Gents and ISI,

I just went to Build 300 and now I get a CTD when attempting to designate either a throttle or brake axis to the V1 Clubsport Pedals. I have a fresh installation of Bld300 and no addons. The G27 wheel is without issue. The problem is reliably duplicated.

I'm posting to memorialize the issue. A search on this problem came up empty.

Happy racing!

d

8. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

As far as I can tell, this happens when there's a popup in the background, and is a driver bug. Logitech has been made aware of it.

9. Terence Groening

I have those pedals and just tried assigning them with a fresh install but do not experience the issue. Does your wheel come up as controller #1 or #2? Anybody else ever had a CTD while assigning controls?

10. rubleman

rubleman Registered

Kind of. I get a CTD when trying to assign controls to 5th controller, a button box. I think rf2 supports only 4 anyway, but why the CTD though?

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Seems there is still a controller number issue, I guess?
    https://twitter.com/shutaro/status/380136107486109696

12. rubleman

rubleman Registered

Sounds exactly like my problem. I did not have this issue before upgrading to 300. Actually after upgrading, I could not get the game to load until I deleted my control settings - I guess some functions were mapped to that 5th controller. Once I deleted my settings, I was able to load the game. Now game crashes as soon as I try to map to the 5th controller. The other four controllers are functioning normally.

13. Terence Groening

Actually we changed it to support 6 a while back. Perhaps that's not *quite* working (or got broke recently). I'll look into it.

I'm also not having any luck duplicating the lost controllers on track load/exit. There's a couple private testers who occasionally experience it, and one thing they have in common is that both are using Windows 8 which I haven't moved to. For people experiencing the issue, please let me know which OS you are using.

14. Traveller

Traveller Member

My G27 did that, except it defaulted to 180 degrees-- that is as much as it would turn. My solution was to set my Steering Wheel Range to 180 degrees from the get go. "Guess I can't beat 'em, so I'm going to join 'em. Need some"... Anyway, I actually get around tracks faster as a nice side effect.

Hmm. The thought just occurred to me to check my wheel's setting in the Logitech Profiler. It is 200 degrees there. That is close enough to 180 degrees as to be almost indistinguishable. If you have your wheel set up through the Profiler, what is its value there-- or through the Windows device setting if you don't?

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Windows 8 64-Bit

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1

I think I fixed my issue with the newest drivers for T500RS (yet to be confirmed after I test more).

My problem was that I lost connection to wheel every time I exited a session or a new track was loaded online. And some other random connection losses.

I guessed it was something to do with WIN 8 because I just bought a new pc with WIN 8 64bit.

The wheel was always working outside the game after connection loss in game, and also in game after I relaunched the game.

17. Terence Groening

I haven't tried them yet, but I believe there are also new drivers for Fanatec.

So far, all the people experiencing the lost controllers are using Windows 8, at least the four people that have reported it.

Regarding problems assigning over 4 controllers - sorry, my mistake. *Working* support for 6 controllers should be in the next build.

18. tcb77

tcb77 Registered

G27 and Windows 8 64bits too.

19. antgen

antgen Registered

Win8 x64 & G27 here too. Btw a friend of mine also has the exact same problem with FSX and Win8. Sometimes he lose his Saitek rudder. Just saying...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
  20. Terence Groening

Okay, I'm up to 7 people with the issue, all on Win8 - that's starting to sound like more than a coincidence. At least 4 or 5 are using a G27 as well.

EDIT: antgen, you're not the only one with the FSX problem: http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/8772-joystick-issues-windows-8-a.html. There's a link to another long thread of flight sim users having controller problems in Win8. I wonder if the suggested solution of using a third-party tool called FSUIPC could be used for a racing sim ...