Cant change visual options

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by nosslrac, Jun 28, 2013.

1. nosslrac

nosslrac Registered

Just downloaded build 240 and noticed that there was a slight FPS-drop on "all" tracks (I only tested five different, three from ISI and two from the community).
    I had everything(graphics) maxed out so I went to change my visual settings in the game. After I changed some things I started a practice session but quickly realised that nothing had changed.
    I went back to the main menu and looked at the visual settings; they were back to max!
    I changed them again and went out to the main menu, then directly back to the settings and my lower settings were still there.
    So I started a practice session again but it was the same story; everything was maxed out.
    Went back to the settings and yes, they were back to max again.

There isnt any button which says "confirm" or anything like that when you've changed the graphics, unless you're in the tab where you change resolution, so I guess Im not doing anything wrong when I change the settings and then just click the "Back"-button to return to the main menu? Ive also tried clicking the "Apply"-button in the resolutions-tab but it didnt make any difference.

So, Im basically stuck playing on the highest graphics settings.. which isnt fun when my system cant handle it properly...

Any thoughts on this?

My system specs:
    i53570K @ 3.4
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    8GB RAM
    100GB SSD

2. nosslrac

nosslrac Registered

I just reinstalled everything again and it works now. There's also less FPS-drop on the tracks I tested so I guess there was something seriously wrong with my last install (even though I installed it in the exact same way).

Also, Im running Windows 8 64.