Core component missing Standard Hud v1.0a , why?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Barnes, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Barnes

Barnes Registered

Before update 228 my rF2 worked fine, after the update I get an error message and the game wont start because my Standard Hud 1.0 is missing. How did it get missing? I haven't even played rFactor 2 much less delete something called the Standard Hud. So I update to 240 today and it still wont start. Then I downloaded the 240 light version and installed and it still wont start.

All my updates have been through the updater in the launcher.

Where did my Standard Hud go? How can I get it back?

2. MJP

MJP Registered

How many files have you in the 'Core\HUD' folder? There should be 4 MAS files, arcadestyle, gtdial, mini, multidial and 1 manifest file 'standard hud'.

Assuming they're all there it might be worth deleting the standard hud MFT file then reinstalling the B240 Lite over the top again.

3. Barnes

Barnes Registered

Hey MJP,
    Thanks for the reply. I deleted the standard hud .mft file from the main rFactor 2 folder then reinstalled 240 lite and it still would not start for the same reason as above. I then went to the rFactor 2 folder located in my documents and deleted that standard hud.mft file and now the game starts. I noticed that 240 lite did not put a new standard hud.mft file back in My documents so there is only 3 files in my hud folder but the game is working now so I guess that's all that matters.

4. sam4cag

sam4cag Registered

None Of The Above works

I'm having the same problem and I've tried deleting the 4th Hud File. Re-installing using the 240 Build and the 240 Lite. Nothing works and I can't make rFactor work.

How do bugs like this happen and what should I try next?

Thanks.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Delete the installation folders in program files and documents (backup your mods) and install lite fresh.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

6. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

When troubleshooting issues (such as a corrupt installation) if all else fails, make a clean install following the instructions below thoroughly. This will provide you with a complete reinstall of rfactor2.

To create a clean install of rfactor2:
    - Uninstall rfactor2 using the uninstall feature.
    - Delete the entire rfactor2 installation folder, and any rfactor2 related folder in your My Documents folder (to remove any user data files).
    - Next, delete the local license file: Navigate to your “C:\Users\<Your Windows Username here>\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor” folder and delete the files within (you can type this in your Windows Explorer address bar or navigate to it by first disabling “Hide system files and folders” in your folder settings (see your Windows documentation for more info)).
    - Make sure you have downloaded the most recent build of rfactor2 from the appropriate downloads page of rfactor.net and install it into a new clean folder. For rfactor2, using the Content Installer download is best because you can then test the game with minimal content.
    - Since you’ve deleted the license file in a previous step, you’ll need to reactivate your game. For rfactor2, run the launcher, select the Purchase tab, then select Reactivate.
    - Run rfactor2 with the minimum content and with NO 3rd party community created mods/addons/plugins (content you’ve downloaded elsewhere) and troubleshoot any issues with limited content.