Silverstone 10FPS drop, NO STUTTERS! :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coanda, Jun 28, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This is such a ridiculous comment, and all it really does is invalidates your feedback.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Have you tried a fresh install or anything like that?

3. hongako

hongako Registered

Do not understand why you say that comment is ridiculous. What the guy says is true. If you want a little, just a little internet forums are full of complaints of poor optimization of rFactor 2, but do not think you want to see.

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes. First install was using update. Then uninstalled and deleted all folders and re-installed from scratch into different folder. I also installed build 198 and 156 just for comparison and FPS in solidly in 60s for Malaysia in both those previous releases. Just as a non-ISI check, I also tried Sebring 24H using build 240 and even it is very low FPS and stuttering. Poznan Track Day, too.

5. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

I also noticed a big fps drop in this last 2 builds. Before those builds I used to run rfactor 2 all maxed out @1680x1050 in some tracks like Monaco I had 40fps but i don't play much there so, no big problem, in the other tracks i had like 80/90 fps and with full grid minimum 50pfs (still very playable).
    In this last 2 builds I had to turn off FXAA and still I don't get near the fps that I used to have, in some cases even with FXAA turned off i have -20 fps.
    I even re installed rFactor 2 because I tough that something went wrong. I was a little disappointed because the build before this took like 2 months or something like that and when I played it I had less FPS and I was pissed of course.
    I still believe that the guys will improve this fantastic game, but people are getting a bit tired of waiting, witch is understandable.

6. hongako

hongako Registered

True story bro

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Not it's not true. We all just hate rich people with nice systems because we are jealous and we all have messy systems and other software running in the background because we are technically inept.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

8. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Registered

i have a 660ti and a single 23`monitor.

The fps stays bout 45 and 55....and then, when i pass with my car near the box...the fps falls down to 35 or something and you can feel the game being slow. It reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bothers me. :/

9. MKD

MKD Registered

Well I have NO ISSUEs... 3770 and 680 churns through the frames.. Even the c6 at Silverstone triple screen high settings fxaa on etc I stay over 60 fps.. smooth ..

10. Thor

Thor Registered

+100...

11. Alesi

Alesi Registered

totally agree... high end system cant run the game which is actually from 2008...its just unplayable!! need optimization optimization and one more optimization (not a new content or stuff).. and maybe than it will be playable a little

12. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

For me is it playable. In Silverstone at the pit, I have +70 FPS and on the other part of the track +70FPS - 120 FPS

View attachment 8575

My System:

Intel E6750 Core 2 Duo
    Asrock Conroe 1333-D667
    4GB DDR2
    Nvidia GTX 550Ti

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
  13. hongako

hongako Registered

Playable is for all the question is that when we play we want to play decently and not lowering the graphic quality and giving the feeling that we are playing the Gameboy Color.

14. Alesi

Alesi Registered

everything on low...yeah...)))

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

To disable shadows and road/environment reflections is not really an option. It's maybe the most important visual setting. Game will look absolutely terrible without it.

And for me the reflections on/off doesn't give that much fps improvement. No matter if they are on or off, I'll still get 20 fps at the grid with 10 AI's...

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Don't know about others and I am only running a single screen, but turning off 1gpu fixed my problems. Unplayable stuttering before and now playing on high settings with bells and whistles also. 1gb 5900 series. Don't listen to people saying you need more unless you have triples.

17. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

I fixed my issue. I disabled CCC for rfactor and use Radeon pro. I run a single screen as well. Maxed settings, in game AA at 3x with HDR off I get 35fps around the pit area, and 65fps max in the vette at silverstone with 20 AI.

If I set texture detail from full to high I can get better fps in the pit area. I still get some stutter at first but after a lap of driving it goes away. I think its more microstutter because the FPS don't drop.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

So... how did Radeonpro fix the problem?