Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. WiX

WiX Registered

solved. It was the Sky in the common folder

2. Twista

Twista Registered

It's downright atrocious that ISI could release such an unrealistic version of the track. I've tried for an hour to blow my tire out on turn 4 and it won't happen. Your curbs aren't sharp enough! I demand a refund! ;)

3. WiX

WiX Registered

one more thing .. now the Sky problem is solved, i dont seem to have the post FX setting in he dev mode editor.
    The config.ini file is ok. HDR and Post fx are set to 1 , but no go.
    It seems to work random now and then. is there anything known about this behavior?

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Thanks for those who recommended forcing AA through CCC. I'm still stuck with 12-30 frames even with everything on medium. The only thing I changed was setting CCC to defaults and then changed back but my 60 FPS is nowhere to be found??? No processes running, such as anti-virus, that could be messing with things.

Any ideas? Any others with 5900 series? What settings/performance are you getting?

Many thanks again in advance.

Edit - Just for good measure, I also changed AA transparency to zero like many have recommended here.

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

LOL!!!:D

6. WiX

WiX Registered

Tuttle, you being very experienced in the devmod editor... do you by any chance have an explanation why the Post/FX menu is available now and then , but most of the time its missing?

7. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Yes it does work for me, I run at 10x, so it's not too fast, but still fast enough so I can enjoy a wider span of the day in a session.

Just finished nearly a full day starting at 5:30am, and left the track at sundown when I could barely see, no lights on the skippy!

Btw, I tried the Clio yesterday, until sundown as well, and noticed something huge!

The lights have been worked on! I haven't raced till night, but it was evident right at sundown.

You probably already saw the message you need to turn on your lights now, or something... and with previous build, at that time of day, the car's light wasn't changing anything... it was still too dark, but too luminous for the lights to show on track.

But now, the lights are clearly evident. Seeing the Clio from tv camera view now reveals two lights per side, so even visually, it have changed.

I will try to race at night today to confirm it is also brighter.

I tried to race in the rain, and I dunno if they did anything in build 240, but it seems a good step up from last time I raced in it. Maybe it's just my general skills that have improved, but I haven't raced much in the rain, it wasn't feeling realistic at all.. but seems a lot better now.

Think the last time I did was at build 198 or 218..

8. Tuttle

First thing you've to check is the config.ini file stored in your installation folder. You've to edit this line using value 1 instead 0:

UsePostFX=1

Actually the devmode is using a default off status for both HDR and PostFX, so you've to force both parameters editing the config.ini. Remember each time you're changing video settings the config.ini will be reset to default values.

Another thing you need to avoid is to turn off the PostFx pipeline in devmode and closing the tab. This way you're losing the entire postfx tuning tab and you have to restart the devmode again.

9. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Here's what he's talking about....

Last week I went to the Indycar race out here. I've seen these cars countless times, thousands of photos, watched every race, never seen them in person. I thought I knew what they looked like. Get there and it turns out Viso's car isn't "reddish orange and orange" like it is on TV and in photos, it's actually day glo orange and fluorescent yellow orange that is so darn bright you couldn't help but be blinded. I could say the same about 50% of the grid. It was amazing to see how TERRIBLE photos make it look compared to what the true colors are.

I've yet to see a paint for several of those cars that is actually correct having now seen what it truly looks like in the flesh. Why? Because it's outside the color gamut you have the ability to use. Photo's are not the definitive "what does this look like", but if that is all that you have seen that is what you take as the end all be all until you see for yourself.

10. Tony

Tony Registered

:D yea.. and just where are the road sweepers?

11. Tuttle

Yep. Correct.

Everything is passing through a system of lens/sensor/electronic/filters/compression/calibration etc... (no matter if Video or Photo) is going to reproduce a different output, especially for primary colors. You can compare 100 differents DSLR and getting 60/70 different reds (more or less dominants, more or less vibrant, different artifacts, different curves etc...). You can check any kind of comparison on dpReview to see how big can be the color reproduction gap between different brands and models.

In the broadcasting area is even worse as the video signal is controlled and "pushed" into a limited peak to peak value for each color+luma component to avoid clipping (especially the red which is usually tuned down on both color/luma to avoid smudged arficats on the screen (it was the same in the Analog Era).

There are to many factor involved in a digital image to avoid any 100% trust on the color reproduction. Our vision still remains the best way to evaluate the reality. :)

12. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I was talking only about saturation on my TV.

I do hundred of photos each month so I know what are difference between them and real life. :)

It was just example of very vivid colors on my TV.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I expected full FISI on Silverstone servers online, but I was quite dissapointed when I checked online :(

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I don't wanna risk my life becasue of these tyres. I like my rear left tyres.. :(

15. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

LMAO! I was watching the race with my father and told him..."Hell, in rFactor 2 the tyres last way more than this Pirelli crap!!"

Incredible, Pirelli should be making some pasta and forget about tyres...I would love to see Hankook (actual DTM provider) or Yokohama (Super GT provider), since Bridgestone had its problems and Michelin as well...but at least Michelin now is doing fine in the WEC.

Also about the track...it looks almost photo-realistic after I added the HDR profile from Tosch. Thanks Tosch. ;)

It would be great to compare it with GT6 track in 2 days. (GT Academy)

16. Miro

Miro Registered

Good thing they are not selling condoms.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I lol`d... :D

18. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

With this configuration I managed to make Silverstone playable (60FPS average) on my GTX560Ti OC 1GB at 1080p under a massive bottleneck with a dual core Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0Ghz and 4GB RAM DDR2...(lost my job a while back and can´t upgrade sadly...)

The thing is that I don´t want to loose quality so I tried some stuff, and with only changing some values from Full to High and the "environmental reflection" to "off" I gained an incredible performance.
    Also had to turn off mirrors since they take like 15 to 20FPS from me.

The thing is that with everything at "Full" and "environment reflections" on, I couldn´t reach 15 FPS at the pit-lane. And then at some point of the track I managed to reach 60 but with a lot of micro-stuttering...unplayable. And that with one car. (CPU kills me of course)

Here is the config and read what follows:

[​IMG]

After those changes at the pit-lane I´m getting 48/50FPS and at the rest of the track above 60FPS to 70 and after the double "S" I reached 120FPS and at the last chicane 70/80 FPS to go down to 50FPS at the pit-lane again.

So for me now it is playable without loosing too much quality...since environmental reflections can be seen from inside of the car...so no problem to not have them.
    Shadows depends on the user but it is better to have some instead of have none.

Anisotropic filter makes no difference whatsoever...I always use it at X16 and I tried with the lower and has no impact in the frame rate.

AA is at max but I don´t like FXAA so I never use it at all.

HDR always on and I´m using Tosh´s HDR which makes Silverstone looks incredible...or as ISI pictures. ;)

Since my PC is not the best have this as a reference to make your game run smooth without loosing too much visual quality. I like how it looks still.

For the rest of the tracks I´m always at stable 60FPS even at Monaco with my PC.

Nothing magical here but still I can play at least.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

The trees at this track is a huuuuuge improvement from Lime Rock Park. Maybe it's because there's not as many trees around Silverstone that allows them to be better quality, I don't know, but it looks good :)

When running one monitor I'm able to increase some graphics and really see the beauty in this track. 50-60 fps quite stable around track EXCEPT some areas. The pit exit for example, it drops to 30! And every lap when I'm approaching first corner I get fps drop to 30-40, and it is laggy. Not the best place to have lag, because this really affects me on the start grid when there's many other cars. I really hope there's some optimizations coming, because I can't really see anything special in this part of track that is so fps hungry when I can reach 50+ fps in other parts of track that I think should be more heavy :)

20. WiX

WiX Registered

OK , all previous troubles with Silverstone solved now.

As usual, here are some Quick and dirty video snippets of the RMT Megane Trophy Development for rFactor 2. June 2013.

(This is a scratch build mod and not to be confused with the ISI stock content.)
    Video footage recorded performing a little test of the WIP model and sounds on the ISI Silverstone track.
    Still in progress, and lots to do, but it starts to look fine now. Textures, sounds and features are still being updated as we speak.
    Klaas is generating migraines, working on the wipers, while Rick is working on the details of the sound implementation. Wim is overhauling all templates, and started work on the bumb maps and specular maps.

The wheels and tires will be improved. Both Wets and dry are in the works. Michelin... no Pirelli... [​IMG]
    The driver position, and cockpit view will be changed, while the windows themselves will probably be replaced by somewhat more detailed versions. Expect some more recent screenshots soon.

The Megane Trophy is part of the bigger WSGT2 project by RMT. The mod is being build for both rF2 and Assetto Corsa.
    Still a long way to go, but we will keep you posted.

RMT, not charging for mods since 2006.