Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. frankwer

frankwer Registered

There is a difference of about 60 fps from lowest fps to highest (GTX 570). I see there is some small objects hanging in the air at 2 places. Maybe it`s from the chicanes?

2. tjc

tjc Registered

[​IMG]

:cool:

Really loving this track... it`s exceptionally well done.

Need to tune/turn down the settings as we all know but once you get it, it ROCKS!!!

:)

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

Ive not used my main pc for a couple of months due to rig being fabricated, so have missed the last couple of builds, Just updated my nvidia drivers, fresh install of rf2 newest build +silverstone etc

Performane wise no problems at all, for me it's about on par with LRP,

As I've updated my gpu drivers ive not reset MSI (for gpu overclock ) so gpu is at stock settings at the mo.

I always set things so I get 60fps MINIMUM & prefer fps to be over 100 most of the time (I cap it in the .ini to 122 max)

The quick test I've done (gpu at stock settings) on grid behind 19 AI's fps in 60's , in practice with only 6 other AI's fps 70 to 110
    (with the default silverstone HDR on )

This will improve when I set nvidia profile & msi overclock up properly

Overall I'm very impressed, well done on another good track ISI

The F1's look great I didn't realise there was a full grid now etc

Didn't notice any bugs ( except noticeable late shadow draw fill in on right as coming up ramp out of pit straight but that's minor)
    Good work for first release

Res 900x4421 (multiview off) & running in nvidia 3d vision
    Track detail med
    AA (off )
    Sun on
    World reflections low
    Track reflections high
    AF 16
    FXAa off
    HDR on

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

P.s after taking a break from rf2 2 builds ago, it's definitely getting better!

It's becoming more polished & solid

I know I'm running a high spec system but I'm also running tripple screen in 3d, it is really best to turn down your settings to get a good simulator experience, AA is a big impact. ( especially if your using super sample !!! )

5. rockbass

rockbass Registered

Sorry but since all the other tracks including the ISI ones easily run 60 fps with V-sync on with my i5-3570 with 16GB or Ram on a GTX 560 ti with most things turned on but this track is running between 20 - 40 fps and really is unplayable. I did try turning HDR and AA off and as long as there are no other cars yea I can get 60 fps back but then your killing the best feature is a good 20 AI cars race. I will keep checking the post and hope the next version is a step forward.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

There must be some kind of bug in this track that's effecting certain users, myself and some others seem uneffected by this,
    I'm Honest when I say it's about on par with LRP on my pc

Make sure you have you're system specs in your profile maybe ISI devs will make some sense based on the diferent reports on this thread

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

With FOV 60 I have wider spread: 60 to 95 fps and average is higher - around 80 :)

8. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

After doing some tests, it seems that road/environment reflections are the fps killler in this circuit , so advice every one to put road and enviroment on low!

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Whooooooo?!:confused:
    One more thing, why do you run with opponents cars on full-high? it's obvious that having 15-20 cars with full details, you are going to kill your fps! just, put opponent cars on medium or even low and you will gain a lot of fps!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  11. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Forgot to say, terrific work from the track developers. This track sets the bar for all to follow. I'm afraid I'll be using Sebring a lot less often.

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hi, my PC specs are in my profile, i run the game totally maxed out on 1920X1080, vsync and AAX2 is on pernamently in my drivers settings, so i do use the application one , I Also use SweetFX, .. thingy, whatever it is it makes the game look better. i tried the Corvette test as you said. 29 AI drivers and me, when not recording, it was stable 60 FPS, when recording, at most times i was still at 60, sometimes it dropped to 45 and the lowest one i got to during recording the following video was 37 (in The Loop).

13. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

Great looking and accurate track. Its great to see ISI producing good quality tracks now for the games. Lime Rock, Portugal, Silverstone are a big step forward from previous ISI built tracks :). I hope one day we will see other ISI tracks revamped such as Nurburgring GP + Barcelona :D

One downside is not having the National and Southern/International layouts.
    http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/circuit-maps/

National circuit is used lots for club racing and BTCC. Southern/International is used very frequently for track days / testing and they have even run 2 race meetings at Silverstone on the track at same time, 1 on National track and 1 on International.

It would be nice to see a fantasy layout of the old GP "bridge" layout added but sadly it is redundant now.

The other inaccuracy is kerbing on this track. The sawtooth kerbing is not angled like in the sim. It is completely flat since MotoGP + World Superbike started racing at the circuit as angled kerbs would possibly project the rider + bike up into the air if they fell off.

14. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

This is really interesting - with my system (3570k 4.2Ghz / GTX690) turning the environmental reflections down or off doesn't have anywhere near this kind of framerate benefit.

Sitting in pits,
    EnvRef High - 60fps
    EnvRef Low - 74fps
    EnvRef Off - 85fps

Everything else is max.

15. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

If EnvRef are CPU hungry then he probably have rather slow CPU.

16. Takumi

Takumi Registered

I use default settings at Ati Catalyst Center and letting game do the work. As Tim mentioned, the texture detail is the key thing here. I got HDR ON. I needed to go down to Medium texture detail to get decent fps. From full to medium there is huge impact to view quality. Now I am getting around 45fps avg with 5 Ai driver, so it is still pretty poor. One problem is that even I can manage good fps most of the time, at some parts of the track it still goes down to 25-30fps. Not sure what to do from now on.

17. clevytr6

clevytr6 Registered

Seriously, make sure you have the latest video card drivers before complaining about FPS. It brought my FPS back to " normal". Texture detail down to high helps too. Call this a track you can grow your PC into ;)

18. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

2500k Sandy Bridge oc, 2 GTX 560 TI OC SLI

19. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

View attachment 8427 View attachment 8428

nice reproduction of the circuit, but the lack of shadows is really killing it visually. i've found all ISI tracks suffer much worse than say feels3 circuits, where there is very little shadow pop in/out and much longer draw distances under the cars.

im finding Silverstone a bit frame heavy,i'll put it down to it being early build though. i've changed reflections to little effect, its mainly round the start of the lap that the FPS drops. also it is car dependent somewhat, F2 and FR3.5 are better than say the FISI and corvette. the RFT2013 mod is almost unplayable for me.

yea i could lower the settings but as a comparison with other tracks, im finding it a bit thirsty for frames!

looks great under clouds at 4pm though...:)

20. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Hmm... well I don't know what's going on with my system, but if I was getting the framerate benefits you are I'd happily settle for 'Low' Environment Reflections.

Are the rest of your settings quite high, with AA etc? Just trying to see if you have anything set differently.

Thanks.

As I side note - I tried turning Circuit and Texture detail down one click but it only gained me about 5fps.