driver swap and TrackIR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axe, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Axe

Axe Registered

Hello

we've just tried a driver swaps with guys from my home league considering participation in SCES and found an issue. I drive with TrackIR usually and my fellows not. When I start as a first driver, trackIR works. When I take the control as a following driver, it doesn't work, my view from cocpit is fixed.

I tried to pause and unpause with F9 key (default in TrackIR application) but doesn't work. Is there a method how to reenable trackIR?
    thanks

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't have TrackIR but maybe try hitting the hardware plugins hotkey to turn it off then again to toggle back on. I have to do this to fix RealFeel in rF1 sometimes. I don't remember what the default hotkey is though. You will have to look at your button maps to find it.

3. Axe

Axe Registered

Hi Noel

many thanks for your hint. I was on biz trip the days after posting this thread so unable to try till now. Unfortunately, it doesn't help. But we've discovered that when I start as a first driver the trackir functionality will remain also after next swaps.

So this could be a workaround solution - trackir driver has to be the first driver always.

But we still have some doubts:
    Has the first driver start the sim with CLI parameter -spectate? We've tried to start without it and during second swap, when I had to return to the car for the 3. stint the sim crashed on my fellow's side and I remained as a spectator alone.
    On the other hand, we have got a suggestion that when the first driver starts the sim with -spectate he has to leave the race after first swap and join again as a regular spectator because remaining in the race could cause accidental sim crashes.

Has somebody an experience with this parameters? What is the exact/proper way to start the sim for the first driver? And what is the most suitable method to proceed to the further driver swaps for the first driver?

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

+spectator = Spectator
    -spectator = Driver

Once you start rF2 with the +spectator option it will always be a spectator (even if you remove the option) until you use the -spectator option. Once you start with the -spectator option it will always be a driver until you start with the +spectator option.

Only the starting driver should join as a driver. Every driver after that needs to join as a spectator.

5. Axe

Axe Registered

OK, thanks

is it necessary to leave the race for the first driver after first swap? Or can he remain in the race and proceed to next swaps and return to the car without leaving and rejoining (with +spectator) the race?

6. Axe

Axe Registered

I've got a suggestion at simhq forum to leave and rejoin. Unfortunately, so it is not possible workarounds at least for longer races.
    So driver swap procedure itself is closed for me for now but still finding a solution for trackir function with driver swaps.

7. dwbradley

dwbradley Registered

This is still an issue for me. Since my main sim-racing focus right now is endurance racing (with driver swaps) I would of course like to see this addressed. I have tried all of the remedies suggested above to no avail. It may be worth noting that I also lose SimVibe when joining as a spectator and then performing a driver swap. However, Fanaleds (wheel=Fanatec CSW) continues to work just fine. It may be that there are deficiencies with the plug-ins and hence this may not be an ISI problem, but it is not possible for me to determine that.

I am just hoping this has not fallen off the radar and will eventually get addressed.

Thanks

Dave Bradley

8. Emery

Emery Registered

Are you playing with the "Wait for plugins to load" setting?

9. dwbradley

dwbradley Registered

I haven't tried messing with that setting. I thought the purpose of that was for offline races against the AI, so that the race start would be delayed a bit to allow the plugins to load. Do I have this wrong?

Dave Bradley

10. Emery

Emery Registered

When you phrase it that way, I don't know... I figured it applied regardless of offline/online.

11. Axe

Axe Registered

12. Axe

Axe Registered

regarding OP:
    I was in contact with ISI support and they confirmed they are looking into it. I asked for estimated time frame to final solution but not provided, the reason was the dependence from manufacturer ability to react on developers questions. It was suggested to me to simply update rF2 and watch release notes on each new build. It was on 6 August last year. I tried it also during training sessions for SCES Sebring but unfortunately still not resolved.

13. dwbradley

dwbradley Registered

Thanks for the confirmation that at least someone else is in same boat. I don't even think this should be the highest thing on ISI's priority list. Just hoping it is still ON the list.

14. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

Well You guys ain't the only two simmers who has this problem. My teammate and me both with a DIY motion sim have this same problem, another teammate has this problem with his SLI pro.

It very annoying. Strange is that some plugings stop working (like x-sim- , SLI-Pro and rF2 Pedal Overlay Plugin ) will others keep working (like trackmap plugin).

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It sucks and I hope ISI can find a solution!
    We are preparing the Simautosport upcoming endurance league and we have to use the driver swap and sadly even SimVibe doesn't work with the driver swap and this is a very big miss at least for me!
    Now and after 2 years of SimVibe(I have 3 BKG2 in my reg') I can't drive without it! It adds a lot of immersion and it gives me a lot of important tactile inputs while driving and I'm going even faster with it!
    Now I have to make this important Championship without Simvibe.....ISI always missing some thing:mad::mad:

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Can some one from ISI team respond to this thread please?!
    It is annoying that we can't use our motion hardware or simvibe or TrackIR plugin in the endurance races!
    Endurance races are a very important feature of rf2 so ISI need to work in this issues!

17. sn0man

sn0man Registered

I agree with my fellow racer "wajdi"... In fact I was not aware of this issue until today and I would have been gutted come race day!! Can somebody please look into this problem for us as we all would appreciate an answer... or at the very least a response?!?

Thanks in advance!!

18. crz

crz Registered

I discovered this at a 24h event with rF1, very annoying to say the least. I would like to see this fixed but I assume there are many other things with higher priority.

19. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I too have this problem and actually thought it to be a Simxperience problem. They said they would look into it but have had no luck in finding the problem.
    I have tried the hardware enable/disable but that does not work.

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It is strange because some plugins does work with the driver swap in the spectate mod ON like the Dashmeterpro and Trackmap, but others don't!
    The sad thing that this thread is up since the last year and no one from ISI had come here to rispond to this issues!
    It seems that they simply don't care(bad communication as usual!):(