I can´t find servers: "no games available"

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by EndikaM, Jun 18, 2013.

1. EndikaM

EndikaM Registered

Hello,

After a month using RF2 without any problems, suddenly I have a strange issue. When I try to get online RF2 find no servers at all and says "no games available".

I have uninstalled and deleted everything, even the "appdata/roaming/.rFactor" folder. Then reinstalled and reactivated with the last build 228.... but online is still not working at all.
    I haven´t changed antivirus nor firewall within the las weeks so I can´t imagine what is the problem.

Thank you for your attention,

Julio

2. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

3. EndikaM

EndikaM Registered

I haven´t even touched any files, I´m almost new in RF2 and the installation is fresh.

Thank you anyway for your answer!

4. xAcid9

xAcid9 Registered

Had same problem with TS, any other possible solution for me to try?

5. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Querying for available games is a pretty simple HTTPS connection to the online service, which seems to be running at IP address 69.64.92.15. (That is at least where my game connects to) Either the connection fails for some reason, or the network address is not reachable from your PC.

Quick test: Press Win/R, type ping 69.64.92.15 and press Enter. Do you get any responses?
    Also, check that rFactor2.exe hasn't accidentally been blocked in your firewall, or if the firewall for some reason blocks outbound traffic to TCP port 443.

For deeper investigations, grab TCPView from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437 and let it run while you launch rF2 in multiplayer. I'd suggest you run rF2 in windowed mode and low resolution for easy access to both windows. rFactor2.exe should normally open two connections to the online service.

6. Jakob Eriksson

Jakob Eriksson Registered

No servers avaible

I have the same problems, so i loan your thread ;)

What is strage is that i did see the servers and played online one night on som earlier build but just for a night.

My system is a brand new powerfull win 8 PC bougth for simrace and the only software i have installed is racinggames from steam and rfactor2.
    I bought the lifetime online version of RF2. Its connected to internet thru fiber lan 100Mb, I have no other internet problems and run games like RF1 GTR and RACE 07 perfectly online.

I´ve tryed with several things to fix it like:

Reinstall / reactivare for atleast the last 3 builds, just clean install no mods.
    Connect my pc direct to my ISP without any router between.
    Uninstall any antivirus software, deactivated windows firewall.(also lookt at the ruels for win firewall and tried to make new rules for launch rfactor2.exe when the firewall is turned on)
    Tried to run the game as admin.
    I have installed the game to my second pc that is a simple lenovo laptop with Win7, and when i launch the online section i could se the servers perfect, even if i connec thru my wireless router. This should exclude that the problem is on my ISP or routersettnings.

Please, anyone have any further ideas how i can solve this sence i bouth the game just for the online part, have now looked for a couple of month in several forums whithout any luck, have also ask for help thru email when i needed my reactivationcode, but the only answer is that the servers work fine and i should search for the problem at my ISP or firewall/router.

Best regards
    //Jakob

7. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

We had a similar problem with one of our xfactorracing members last nite, "the fix" was to uninstall windows updates that had come through on his pc, from memory there was 16 to uninstall, all was fine with the world again after that
    Hope that help others

SS

8. ceSniper

ceSniper Registered

reinstall everything

9. Jakob Eriksson

Have reinstalled rfactor2 atleast 10 times, dont wont to reinstall Windows8.

10. Jakob Eriksson

did unistall every update back to april that was the time i bougth the PC. Just one new update sence 30/6 that i couldnt uninstall for som reason i dont have the uninstall option when i click that update. unfortunately i still cant see any servers :(

Is it posible to make a reinstall on win 8 without loosing all the softvare that i installed, have alot of GTR2 mods like Power&Glory that took alot of time to install. I have also bought the simbin mega boundle thru steam that i dont wont to reinstall again. I know that steam install software to my users maps, that may be deleteed if i go for a Win8 reinstall ?

11. Jakob Eriksson

Did the ping and got respons no loss of data and a responstime at 180ms
    Did also install the tcp view, bu not sure what to look for, but this two lines cam up when i lanch rf2, 30 sec later the lines dissapear and i cant se any proscess tha i can rely to rf2
    Launch rFactor.exe 4932 TCP jakes_place 49210 69-64-92-15.dedicated.codero.net https ESTABLISHED 4 926 5 5*784
    Launch rFactor.exe 4932 TCP jakes_place 49211 69-64-92-15.dedicated.codero.net https ESTABLISHED 4 1*086 5 6*040

did also a new reinstall of rf2, direct after the installation i fire it up and got green light on online and sigleplayer but still no servers.
    I is a bit strange because before i installed it i manually deleted all the rfactor maps included the .rfactor map under users/appdata/roaming,
    did the new install on an other harddrive and still the game remember my login name and password an give me green light for online. This time i didnt need to reactivate my account. It fells that i dont get a hole new install when it still "rememer" stuffs.

Any ideas, is it my connection/win8 or could i be the installation of the game??

12. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I would always recommend restarting windows after deleting the folders and before reinstalling

13. jwambach

jwambach Registered

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I know its not my network, because I have 2 other instances of rfactor 2 working (1 dedicated server and 1 other client, its the second client that can't see any servers) that are all on the same lan/wan connection.

Uninstalled rfactor2/ reinstalled, no luck. Tried removing all the windows updates that were installed since the last known good session I had, still nothing. The only thing that happened to this machine since the last time I successfully joined my own server was the windows updates. So I'm really out of ideas as to what to try next other than re-installing windows, and I'm not real excited about doing that. I'd probably revert to rfactor since I know it works still.

I don't suppose there is any way to ignore the matchmaker and connect directly to my own server? I honestly do not care at all about any other servers, my friends and I just want to race each other in my basement.

14. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Do you have any firewall, anti-virus or other forms of protection software running that can interfere with the connection? Many anti-virus packages update themselves several times per day, so it's more likely to be the culprit than windows security updates. (Minus the .NET Framework updates of course, they seem to be a special breed of monsters that re-start disabled services etc...)

By the way, if you install the game on multiple computers, I believe you need multiple licenses if you plan on playing on more than one computer at the same time. See this thread for more details. (The dedicated server doesn't need a license as far as I know)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  15. jwambach

jwambach Registered

No antivirus, and the windows firewall is off (I use a dedicated hardware firewall, which all machines are behind). I do have 2 licenses (lifetime) for the 2 clients, and none for the dedicated server.

As a connectivity test, I tried hosting a session from the "bad" client, and it works just fine (successfully registers, etc). It just wont display anything when I try to join any multiplayer races from the same machine. ISI support suggested trying to access https://world.rfactor.net/Servers/Ping/ which works just fine as well.

16. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Try setting +trace=100 in the multiplayer command line arguments and see if you can spot any network or Matchmaker related errors in UserData/log/trace.txt.

17. DaveS

DaveS Registered

I have the same issues and I posted my problems on here as well in another thread. I've un-installed/re-installed, deleted the .rFactor file from AppDat\Roaming, but still not able to see any races online. I've done all the things Jorgen has said to try and I have nothing blocking rFactor2 from going out through my firewall. I have no problem joining races in rFactor1 or any of my other racing games for that matter. The issue only started AFTER the 240 update!

The only thing I can think of that I had different in the online area was that I had a filter set to only show my league's race server before I did the update.

DaveS

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
  18. jwambach

jwambach Registered

So, I finally figured out my problem, and it was my own stupid fault.

Something I did not realize is that the launcher will use the Internet Explorer proxy settings when trying to connect. I had stupidly logged into my companies VPN which requires me to use a proxy server to interact with the intranet. On exiting the VPN, I had forgotten to reset my proxy settings back to none. Once I did that, all was well.

So, in retrospect, all the debugging steps I took are appropriate, however I would add one more check to the list: Verify that you have not modified the Internet Explorer (and thus System) proxy settings, they may not allow you to connect even if utilities like ping, traceroute, etc do allow connections.

Thanks for everyone's help.

19. bmw530

bmw530 Registered

No games available? Try opening Explorer first

I have had this "no games available" problem for a week now, and just realised i had not used Internet Explorer since i uppgraded my internet line just before this problem started. (i never use Explorer) So i just opened and closed Explorer, fired up RF2 online and just like that, i can play online again :) Thanks to this post

A.C.E.

20. tHenOrthfAce

tHenOrthfAce Registered

Ha that worked for me too...
    I was racing yesterday just fine but after a couple of races i wasnt able to find any servers/games. I reinstalled rF2 and deleted .rfactor in roaming and everthing but it didnt help. Starting up MS Inet explorer solved the problem for me..iam off racing the camaro!