Grid edit for RF2 ????

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by RiCo13_TLM, Jun 18, 2013.

1. RiCo13_TLM

RiCo13_TLM Registered

Could you tell me if there is a tool to edit the grids on RF2 as grid edit on RF1.
    Regards

2. lagg

lagg Registered

It's the same in rF2 as in rF1.
    The same tool you use in rF1 must run in rF22.
    Otherwise tell me please, ours is working fine.

3. RiCo13_TLM

RiCo13_TLM Registered

Thx lagg :D I'll watch it tonight

4. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

If you are talking about /gridedit command and load batch files... I tried all in my league and doesn't works. Loged as admin, or throught Dedicated Server console. Nothing, in warmup, qualy, or practice, nothing works.

When I use /gridedit manually, game shows "x" driver moved to "x" position, but then in race positions are not like I want, game ignores all you change. And I can load batch files too (from mi PC as admin, and from server console), but games shows again all changes, but when I go to race, positions are the same as Qualy ignonring all I introduced despite the games shows like all has been OK, really weird.

We tried all, from game as admin from server, renaming batch files, editing main batch files, doing It manually with /editgrid, not qualyfying, changing positions in every session... and no results.

PS: is really annoying, in rF1 we did lots of inverted grid races, and we want to begin now a championship with inverted grids in second race, but impossible.

5. Gartzen

Gartzen Registered

If yours is working fine, please tell us the steps you use for us to try. Maybe we're missing something. Thanks! :)

6. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

+1, as I said, impossible for us to do something with that in rF2...

7. DocJones

DocJones Registered

It's definately possible to edit grid in rF2.

I regularly administrate 2-race-events where we usually reverse (part of) the grid for the 2nd race based on the result of the 1st race. I use GridEdit tool (which was written for rF1, but works with rF2 .xml files aswell) to create a grid.ini file that I load with "/batch grid.ini" command.

Note that since a number of builds ago you can only use the /batch command in the dedicated server window, not in the ingame chat as remote admin. Otherwise you'll get a 'file not found' error message. Also note that any changes have to be made in warmup session.

exact steps:
    1. log in to server using remote-desktop-connection
    2. go to warmup session
    2. start GridEdit, load the result file you want to use (in my case usually the latest race result .xml), choose number of drivers to be reversed
    3. enter /batch grid.ini into the dedicated server chat window
    4. go to race session (or wait for the server to race session)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
  8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

OK... we will test this weekend, but I have no much hope. Because we used manually in all ways the /editgrid command and game shows the position changes but does not apply them. And batch is only a repeating of the /editgrid command.

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Question is, is this because the program needs tweaking or is there something going on with rf2?

Are other batch commands working in rf2? for example adding weight to cars.

I doubt the creator of Gridedit is going to change anything for rf2 but I will update our d/l page referring to this thread.

10. DocJones

DocJones Registered

No, it is the rF1 version that I use. The program just reads .xml files (those obviously haven't changed from rF1 to rF2) and writes a grid.ini file that consists of a /editgrid command for each driver and in a certain order. So there's definately no need for tweaking GridEdit tool.

Esteve, it's weird that the server responds with the position changes and then does not apply them for the race. I never had that problem. Make sure to edit the grid in warmup session, that's the only reason for it not to work I can think of.

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Are you sure?
    I know how the program works but if for example we are not able to use the batch commands in the chatwindow of rf2 it might indicate something is different with rf2.

If a batch command for a mass.ini file doesn't work either it might be rf2 and not gridedit.
    i'm not able to test this yet but hopefully will soon, and maybe I can get the creator of gridedit to have a peak as well .

12. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Tested as I said, in practice, in qualy, and warmup. Tested editing from my PC as admin, and from server console. Tested manually, and loading batch files. Always same result, game shows the messages but nothing happens.

Hilarious.

13. lagg

lagg Registered

We have our own program to edit the grid and works in rFactor 1 and 2.
    You can download here.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No problems here either, using a custom plugin to set up the file but just using the normal /batch command (on a file with /gridedit commands) to set the grid, no problems. (all local, not on the server)

15. Damir Dubari

Damir Dubari Registered

I tried this program and it writes grid.ini correct, I run on dedicated server /batch grid.ini (results shows correctly in chat) but on race it doesn't show correct order (I was doing it on warmup as it should be). Where can be the problem? Please help me.

16. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

If you run the command from your client the grid.ini must be located inside your ...\UserData\Log\Results

SmellySkidmark likes this.
  17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Do you run a knockout qualifing?

18. Damir Dubari

Damir Dubari Registered

I am runing grid.ini from server.
    Qualifing is normal not knockout version.

19. Don Fryman

Don Fryman Registered

Did you get this figured out?
    I am having the same problem and find an answer............

20. nickcrete

nickcrete Registered

If i understand well you are looking for a program to edit the grid for the race, i have released one few months ago to help the league i participate, can have a look,its pretty simple and the admins have reported no problem using it.

http://redarcher.freevar.com/images/mygrid.png
    http://redarcher.freevar.com/index.php/downloads/rfactor-2#mygrid