Gamepad setting

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Andreas Binz, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Little problem by using a gamepad:
    Its not enough to set the steering sensitivity, brake sens. and throttle sens. to 0 %
    My friend need negative values, i think he is happy with -50% or -75%
    Is any chance to get this?
    I've try to edit the controller.ini file but i can't get my negative value in game !
    Steering Sensitivity="-0.75000"
    Throttle Sensitivity="-0.75000"
    Brake Sensitivity="-0.75000"

Please help..he had only 25 days of testing left...

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Not sure you can set -ve values, don't forgot about the 'Speed Sensitivity', you'll probably need that set fairly high, 50% at least, probably higher to go along with a low value for the 'Steering Sensitivity'.

3. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

View attachment 8144
    Thanks for answer. He test the speed sens. but he need a lower value of steering, throttle and brake.
    I mean this in my pic.

4. MJP

MJP Registered

I know what settings you meant, I was just going on the time I hooked up my 360 pad and the important settings were a high value for 'Speed Sensitivity' and a low (think I used 0) for 'Steering Sensitivity'. I certainly don't remember wishing I could reduce it even more nor do I remember wanting lower sensitivity on the throttle and brake.

5. perplex

perplex Registered

He should add a Deadzone of at least 5-10% to it. Steering i felt fine with values between 5-8%. Steering Lock in Garage to its minimum... My Problem was once with the gamepad that i couldnt hit fullthrottle fast enough out of corner because the steering was to sensitive.... not the throttle/brake.

+ It made it so much easier to drive with abs - low and tc - low . Like Day and Night.

throttle and brake didnt need to be lowered down more for my feelings.

6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Sounds like you should have added some steering assist to the mix.

7. Dave Thebaptist

Dave Thebaptist Registered

I've been using the ps3 controller for this game using the motionjoy software for windows,
    when i first start playing rF2 i couldn't get the sensitivity issues sorted out (regardless of what i done ingame settings) until i found that the driversoftware for the gamepad was giving its own deadzones on all axis so i put these to 0 and then used the controls settings in rF2 to assign the deadzones i was comfortable with....

so in other words my sensitivity issue wasn't actually a sensitivity issue, it was a deadzone issue....maybe worth a look for others using gamepads.