freetrack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bander, Jun 9, 2013.

1. bander

bander Registered

Can someone form like freetrack for rfactor 2? thank

2. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

I don't know what you mean. I like FreeTrack though. To my knowledge, there isn't any support yet?

3. bander

bander Registered

It .it's strange that won't work with Rfactor 2 and if with rfactor

4. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Can't confirm for Freetrack but FreetrackNOIR is working for me, right "out of the box".

5. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Cool, haven't heard from that one yet. Unfortunately I modded my webcam with an IR filter and made a cap with IR LEDs, so it probably won't work for me. I will test FreeTrack one more time, since I haven't tried it for a while.

6. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Is anyone using FreeTrack? I can't get it to work. How do I enable it in-game? Do I have to enable freelook by pressing "U"? It should work since it supports TrackIR interface as well.

7. JuGo

JuGo Registered

Same problem here : can't make FreeTrack working (since the new build ?)

8. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Good News for you all, You can download FaceTrackNoIR and use the PointTracker option. From what I remember of FreeTrack, it pretty much works the same I think. I'll show a little video of what I mean if I can make the time in the next hour.

9. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Here's just a simple video, not much detail, but I think you will get the point.

10. Andii

Andii Registered

Hm.. I just installed it and it worked instantly :)

[​IMG]

11. JuGo

JuGo Registered

Hi,
    Thank you sf4JC & Andii for your suggestion.
    Unfortunately, FaceTrackNoIR requires a 3 LED setup while my homemade thing has only 1 LED.

BUT, if I can't make FreeTrack works under Win 7 (x64) ... it works good under Win XP (x86) !
    Need to check if there is a bug in rF2 or in Freetrack

12. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I know there was some talk of possible implementing a single source IR LED months back (Maybe even farther than 6 months ago), so I will look into seeing if it will make it into newer builds of FaceTrackNoIR or to see if in fact it is making it into the weekly/monthly alpha builds. I may be able to track some info down in the next couple of days, but I don't want to get your hope's up.

Scott

13. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Hey JuGo, I searched the FaceTrackNoIR forums hoping to find the reference I replied about, and couldn't find it anywhere. So, this morning I got smart (not sure why I didn't think of this earlier) and started a thread over there and should hear from them within the day I think.

14. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Just got back from FaceTrackNoIR site, and noticed I'm not getting email notifications from there reliably, but it could be something I'm doing (or not doing). Anyway, there has been no more talk about it to date, and v4friend said something to the effect that 3-point model is just a lot more accurate.

Scott

15. JuGo

JuGo Registered

Thanks Scott
    I aggree it must be more accurate when using all the "Degrees of Freedom". But I just use the Left-Right Rotation (yaw ?). So one LED is all I need.
    Anyway, Freetrack still works well with rF2 under WinXP, only under Win7x64 it does not.

16. JuGo

JuGo Registered

Hi, back at it :
    I have built a new PC and FreeTrack works with Win7x64 when I run it as an administrator

17. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Hey, that's good to hear for FreeTrack users! After doing all the searching and researching, I found out a few more things I never knew about FreeTrack. One was that a person didn't have to use just IR LED's anymore to get it working good. I'm kinda interested, Does your setup use a regular LED, or an IR LED?

Scott

18. JuGo

JuGo Registered

Sorry for the late answer
    Yes : I use one classic visible light LED (supposed to be White but slightly Blue)
    Freetrack will detect the most brillant spot in the room. So you need quite a brillant LED if you play in an enlightened room. But if it is too brillant and you are too close to the screen you will have a reflection spot in the screen. (the problem is the direct sun : don't let it enter the room !)
    I am using the PS3Eye, without any modification (320*240 @ 120fps)

19. costamesa

costamesa Registered

problem solved..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
  20. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Thanks for replying back, JuGo. I might pass some of that info along to the FaceTrackNoIR developers if they don't already know, and yes, sunlight into a room can be the real killer for sure. Most mornings when I need precise control, I have a piece of cardboard to cover one window, because the curtains aren't good enough for the job. You've definitely got a good webcam, because if I remember right, most of the users went to that one for a webcam.

Scott