Framerate Dropoff & Stutering only for ISI tracks (build 218)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Coanda, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya there is definitely something extremely wrong with the cooling there, 90 degrees under normal gameplay is setiously messed up.

Also, you have a massively imbalanced system. 3930k paired with a 6 year old GPU is very inefficient.

If you can't spend a lot of money on a GPU, you can find the 7950 or 660 ti for low 200s used, mid 200s new. You can also get a really good 7870 for low 200s. Make sure you give whichever card (especially the AMDs) a good overclock.

Once you get a card and oc it, make sure u oc the CPU as well. Get that thing at minimum 4.2, but shoot for 4.5 to 4.8.

What kind of case do you have? If you don't want a big full tower like for eg. a HAF X, then at least get a mid tower. You need it for cooling/performance.

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day,

I am happy to report that I have fixed my stuttering problem. I couldn't understand why I got stutters in the same spot particular on bloated tracks even though my GPU, CPU, Memory & Temps are all well within range. For me it is the replay file that is causing the problem. I am not sure why as I run SSD and an 3930 @ 4.5G which is another question for another day but by switching this option off in the PLR file all my stutters have gone!

Set: Record Replays="0"

Next I would like to test having this switched back on however switching the record method to use memory rather than disk and also look at the compression option to see if they have any effect. I do have 16GB of memory but I will need to test it and get back to you all.

Set: Record To Memory="1"
    Set: Compress Replay="0"

Bloody wrapped :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
  3. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Tried your suggestions mingmong but no luck. RF2 runs for about 45 seconds to a minute and then the stuttering begins. This is ridiculous. The stuttering is rendering rf2 useless for me. It doesn't matter what video options I enable/disable it performs the same way. I was so hoping the Replay changes would help.

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ dradecki - hmmm hard to say matey. I have made a few more changes which has gotten me a touch more FPS and smoothness. Not sure if they will help you but in the end I just switched of replays all together.

Full Player Replay="0"
    Record Hotlaps="0" (I had to do this as there is a bug as it still records hot laps to disk even though replay recording is off)

I also changed this:-

Gap Check="0.00000"
    Synchronize Frame="0.00000"

Have you ran programs such as GPU-Z or MSI Afterburner to check the log files to see if you are getting any spikes or bottlenecks? I would run the game in windowed mode, monitor all temps & loads of CPU, GPU, Memory, Disk and processes to see if one of those is causing your problem...

Good luck pal.

5. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I'll look into it. Thank you for the suggestions.

6. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I gave it a try and it took almost exactly 2 minutes before the stuttering started. Like I said very frustrating.

7. Coanda

Coanda Registered

sorry pal I m out of ideas. Have you run the tests I mentioned above? What spec machine do you have?

8. Dave Thebaptist

Dave Thebaptist Registered

Hey folks,
    was just browing these forums looking for info and saw this thread.

I've been playing with graphic settings for a few days now and have just discovered something odd, when i completely disable mirrors i get an increase of 40-60fps depending on track :confused:
    with mirrors off i can put most other settings to high and run the game without dropping below 50fps but switch mirrors back on and game is unplayable dropping below 20fps at times and ALL settings must go to low to compensate !
    whats also weird is fps stays the same regardless of how many mirrors are displayed on screen.

I've searched around and there are quite a few people reporting the same problem with mirrors, so it seems rF2 mirrors dont like AMD at the minute....just thought i'd throw this up here incase it may be causing issues for you

my system:
    Intel core-duo e6600 @3ghz
    Win 7 32bit
    3gb ram
    amd HD 6750 1gb

9. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

It seems VIRTUA_LM are very good in terms of FPS optimization! Can't wait their "Le Mans" track anymore! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Already a known issue, has it's own thread in the main forum (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9654-FPS-and-Mirrors). I don't think it's only with AMD cards.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  11. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I believe I solved my stutter issue. I saw that someone for rf1 using the NVidia control panel interface selected restore and then forced the driver vsync on and saved it. I drove half a dozen laps at Mid-Ohio and no stutters. Previously I could get in maybe half a lap before it begun.

12. coops

coops Banned

wud be nice to know how long till it optimized by ISI ? so then nivida & ati can do some to make it much better.