Super League Formula 2009

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by johnconner, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Really? That's why I couldn't find the GP79 thread? It's one of the best mods in the entire history of rFactor 1, and is even more amazing in rF2...I had to google the thread in order to find it, FYI. Even typing in "GP79" in the forum search bar (top right) didn't come up with any results.

So no, just because a certain thread isn't active does not mean the mod sucks or hasn't been released, that's ridiculous. An inactive thread does not reflect the quality of a mod. Show some more respect to these guys, man.

Sometimes modders get demotivated...Little interest is shown, they get busy with other things, the thread gets burried on top of a pile of other threads and the mod is forgotten about forever. Maybe, if some of these mod-threads were resurrected a lot of new people around here would take notice (I'm sure there are many more viewers around here than 2012 and 2013).

Discussions can rekindle, the spark can be reignited; maybe the modder sees a bunch of new-found interest and decides to re-pursue work on the mod, or, maybe some other guys see great potential in the mod and ask the original if they can continue working on the mod from where the original person left off? Heck, isn't that what happened with the Lola mod (it was continued-on thanks to a lot of interest and then someone else taking over the work)???

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

There is absolutely nothing wrong in showing modders that we actually DO care about their work. A lot. I'm gonna try to dig around in the track thread section, see what's lying around. :)

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I saw some stuff with good potential around there. I noticed quite a bit of tracks in this thread too.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I get your point, I really do.
    But you fail to see my point; this works if several guys react to one mod; not if one guy reacts to 10 mods.
    If you can't see that running up old topics by the dozen is making things messy and annoys people........you know that at most forums you get banned for stuff like this right?
    That was my point. Agree or make up some mindset in which you think it's justified; all okay by me. No need to discuss any further as I said before; not worth my time.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't think there's any rule that states you can't dig around old threads here, is there?
    I'm not being sarcastic or anything, genuinely asking?

I just don't see the harm in that. There are a million projects lying around here, some of which look mighty interesting.
    If one guy digs them out, another guy then say "WOW that looks awesome", and a third guy also responds, then maybe the modder sees that his work actually is wanted.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

(Okay, I go for it one more time)

No rule probably, no, but it's just common sense mate. Common sense, that's all!

At any other forum, some guy comes along and digs up all kinds of old threads; what do you say? What would a moderator do? Right there; that's it!

Now he's got a reason, he thinks it's a good one and you do think so too. Some might disagree.
    Some may have tried pm for instance, some might think it's getting messy like that and so on.

This is going for a "not so nice discussion" as you don't/won't see what I mean. Keep rubbing the wrong way mate; I don't care and I am done here. Good luck.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Exactly. Just like I explained in the second part of post #58.

I went through 6 pages, probably like 200 threads, and I resurrected, what, maybe 10?

Also, I didn't even copy & paste the same message, I wrote individually to all threads.

I figured I'd "kill two birds with one stone". I am generally interested in these and wanted to know + trying to spur interest and possibly development of the mod, if not by the original creator/porter, then by someone else possibly noticing and taking over the creation/porting of the mod. Isn't that what happened with the Lola T280 mod?? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

hexagramme didn't post a single sentence or word that should be taken as "rubbing the wrong way" and/or trying to go for a "not so nice discussion". From everything I've read, the only person speaking aggressively and in a "fighting" tone here seems to be you.

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

The proper thing is to check if the creator of the thread (the original modder) is still even active/around. Which for some of these mods won't be the case (this guy here for example was last seen in July). As such it's quite pointless to push old threads up in the vain hope that someone related to the mod team will read them. Asking directly per PM makes more sense, they might get a notification per email.

So yeah, in my view Navigator is correct... if a new guy on a forum necro's a bunch of year+ old threads and clutters up the overview - and also if that guy posts the same thread in every section (TPM) he would usually end up being kicked.

I appreciate the motivation, but the execution has room for improvements.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nav I'm not out to rub anyone the wrong way man, seriously, not at all. I'm just respectfully disagreeing with you, and I apologise if it doesn't come across like that.

Like Spin says a snow ball effect could take place, even if it's just one mod that gets noticed again. Be it by the original creator, who thought no one cared about his work, or another modder who wants to finish abandoned work. There's no harm in that.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, I got a few comments going in the gp79 thread. The modder even replied himself. I also recieved some news about the Megane turbo mod. :)

11. johnconner

johnconner Registered

The mod was finished along time ago guys and the tracks but after being bombarded by some idiots in this forum threatened ect ect I never posted it here and in the end they should be on trial for treason for stealing everything and giving it to Ash**o Corsa go to rfactor2mods.webs.com to find my latest works including F1 91,92,93,94,95 2013 and 2014 by me and others don't forget to click and like our facebook page there are more mods on there also . to many trolls in this forum I like it when I can put a mod up and delete trolls when I wish without gaining a ban from ISI admins for giving it back and making myself to look stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2014
  12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Wow sounds awesome!! Thanks for the reply! Going to check that site ASAP!!! :)