4x Better Graphics and way more FPS Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bart S, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Bart S

Bart S Member

No they arn't in any particular order, they where just favourites and best performers, speed vs eyecandy.

I'd actually recommend using in game setting as it now offer excellent performance with minimal loss in image quality close to SGSS

2. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Is this info still relevant or are people getting better results by just letting the game set all the graphics up?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

To me it's still relevant even with a 780Ti still using this topic :D

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

The settings are still relevant if you want even more sharpness an crispness of Antialiasing, however my latest comparisions of quality vs performance has started to favour ISIs settings. ISI has managed to get AA pretty close to what could be acheived with nvidia inspector without the hit on performance it takes to acheive that quality.
    I actually prefer to use ISI settings now because of the performance, I find that tuning to the extreme of graphics quality is great on one track but when you move to the next you may be lacking in FPS so it is better to have an overhead for those heavy FPS moments.
    I recommend while tuning for the best graphics and performance aim for a target average between 70-90 fps that way when you suffer a big FPS hit on a certain part of a track or you change track location your minimum FPS should still be playable.

5. Emery

Emery Registered

This is my experience, too. Level 7 AA looked better on my 770 GTX than Level 8, set Transparency AA="0" in PLR file. The automatic HDR is gorgeous!

For my 60 Hz monitor, I cap framerate at 65. Lets the video card have an opportunity to cool down between those slow FPS moments and the adaptive fan speed gets a rest, mostly stays quiet.

Still haven't figured out a good way to deal with rain spray from 25-30 cars. Worst FPS is the slow turn after the start at Silverstone. Time to tinker with turning down shadow blur, which I've got maxed out.

6. Icarus

Icarus Registered

On a pentium 2 cpu?;)

7. Paul Herron

Paul Herron Registered

Hi, just wondering if these settings are still valid with the latest build? I've been using these for a while now but since the last build I noticed AA was much worse than before. I've tried a completely fresh install tonight and tried in game level 7 but it's still not as nice as it was before - jaggies are much more noticeable. Just wondering what the recommended settings are these days (EVGA GTX 670 FTW card). Cheers :)

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Haven't done enough RF2 tests but in other games when I would get particle slow downs (tons of dust, rain spray, smoke, etc) it wasn't the actual particles/effect itself causing as much of the slowdows as it was the antialiasing trying to apply itself to all those particles that caused the slowdowns. Once I changed to a less demanding form of AA, or less samples, then I had much less issues with particle-effect slowdowns.

9. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Regarding ANTIALIASING = NONE

There's an issue with SLI and triple screen :

If you deactivate ANTIALIASING and if you set no antialiasing : 2 side screens may blink like stroboscopic lamps !!!

Can one confirm this issue :

2 or 3 way SLI
    3 screens

deactivate antialiasing, blinking side screens in the UI.

thanks.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Does RFactor 2 not support ambient occlusion? I'm wondering why it is being forced on through the drivers rather than just applied normally in-game as part of RF2's regular graphics...