4x Better Graphics and way more FPS Guide

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Bart S, Jun 6, 2013.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thank you.

2. Patterik

Patterik Registered

I think they've tweaked fxaa. I hated it originally and didn't bother with it for a few builds. After messing around with several different inspector settings/profiles I now use level 2 aa and fxaa. Seems to give the best balance of visuals and performance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Bart

I think you stay up to late at nights

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

If you set filtering properly to billinear you would notice a very degraded texture quality, I tried it and man the road looked PANTS!. Perhaps if your not getting these results you havent set the overide correctly in nvidia inspector, its a funny name for the overide. Besides it makes absolutely no difference to fps at x16. I think maybe what your saying is your taking the workload of rfactor in the game settings, well if you overide in nInspector it makes no difference what its set to ingame.

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

Adrian you are right but that just means I spend more time playing, I will sleep when I'm old or gone blind. Bedtime = 2am, Work = 7am 5 days a week, I almost fall asleep at work.
    Since I joined SR4L www.simracers4life.com those boys got me really into rF2 and perfecting setups and driving the perfect line just to find a few extra milliseconds a lap and thats on Spa, the level of competition is very tight with the top racers in that league, we spend most night on the same track for a full week trying to get things right before the race on sunday. I highly recommend you come and join.
    BTW I would like to ask you a few things about that Titan check your PMs later.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi Bart

Gosh sounds like your having a great time, my rig ( finally ! ) should be up & running around the end of this month (after mainly amendments etc ) so I'll take a look at this league,

Thanks or the pointer

Adrian

7. myself9

myself9 Registered

Thank you for figuring these settings out and posting them for us, Bart!

I've only had rF2 since build 218. I was originally running an old 5870 (or something) before this past weekend, and the game was almost unplayable.

I stepped up and bought a GTx660 TI over the weekend. Although the game looked better, something still wasn't right.

Plugged in your settings and BAM! New game :)

I'm running a STEADY 60fps (only b/c I limited the fps in my plr file) with no stuttering since I plugged in all your settings. I did have some screen tearing so I enabled vsynch. STILL 60fps. Figured I'd turn on the mirrors -- still 60fps. Thought I'd go for broke with mirrors and vsync in the Lola on Monaco ---- 50fps.

You get the idea. Great work. Thanks again!

btw, I'm not even using the built-in overclocking on my gpu. Brilliant.

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Sorry to go off-topic for a moment, but if you have the time i would advise watching this ted talk.

9. Bart S

Bart S Member

Thanks Ripper an interesting watch, I learn alot. I will take my sleep more seriously from now on.

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

oh wow, nice response if you were being serious. I completely changed my view of how i treat sleep (i.e fighting it).

11. Bart S

Bart S Member

To be honest, alot of what he says about memory and concentration is true. The stuff about coffee total crap its been proven caffeen will not keep you awake as much as he goes onabout. Dont know about the bipolar or schizo stuff but i'm not willin to find out. Right I'm off to bed, lol

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I get a kick from caffeine during the times I dont need it as much, when I am more awake. When I am a little tired sure it can help give me a little picker upper, but when I am really really tired, like trying to work after pulling an all nighter or something, the caffeine barely works, it might make the difference between being really really really tired, and just really really tired, but its not going to help much. However when you finally get home and try to catch up on all that sleep, the caffeine may then prevent you from sleeping as thoroughly, even though it didnt seem to help earlier on.

I usually use caffeine/stimulants when I am already pretty awake, thats when you feel them the most. Using them when you are super dead tired doesnt make that much of a difference. Ill still be super tired, just slightly less.

13. Sankaracharya

Sankaracharya Registered

Thank you for publishing this settings Bart, I also play with Nvidia 3d, and since applying your settings I have a new Rf2
    It's been a great help, all the best to you Champ.

14. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Thanks from me too, much better picture quality with an Nvidia GT650M, even though the "way more FPS" doesn't apply for me :)
    By setting the NVidia control panel slider to "Performance", you get a much better frame rate, although picture quality suffers, so it's always a tradeoff, at least with lower end cards like GT650.

15. RAY6077

RAY6077 Registered

Thank you so fkn mutch!
    After my Gainward 580 GTX Phantom failed by fkn nvidia driver, a League member gave me his 8600 GTS. Before i read ur Theard, i had only 30-40 Fps ON lowest settings with 800x600 -.-. After ur Guide, i have 80-90 FPS on mid settings and 1920x1080 resolution!!!!! Overclocking my Graphic Card like u did + i overclocking my i5 2500K. Thank you so mutch dude and sorry for my bad English haha :D

16. Bart S

Bart S Member

LOL, nothing wrong with expressing how you generally feel, thanks for the comments. Don't forget to send other with nVidia this way.

17. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

18. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Yeah Bart, who doesn't love having someone else do all the heavy lifting. lol Thank you again! :)
    This is not my strong suit, honestly don't know what many of the settings do so it was a real blessing to find all this info.
    I am running 5760x1080 on a gtx780 and am using your settings exactly now. The last thing I did was download Nv Inspector because I had never used it.

Had a thought... in the inspector it looks like you can export/save your settings to a file. I know you are never done tinkering but if and when that occurs perhaps you could use the export feature to post a file so others could import your settings on Nv Inspector?

19. Bart S

Bart S Member

Thats a really great idea lopsided, I will do that then.
    Worth a note I did update nV inspector not so long ago and it didn't like loading my old profile but if I release new ones as new inspector is released then no probs.

You just reminded me I need to finish my explanations for the nVidia Inspector section, update soon again with profiles.

20. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Yeah it would insure old ladies like myself don't type something in wrong! lol
    I'm really shocked to be getting such high FPS considering the amount of detail. You da bomb Bart! :)