Blueprint request

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Steffen_M, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

Hi,

i want to mod two cars, but for both there are no blueprints in the web.

Ford GT GT1 (2010)
    BMW M3 DTM (2012/2013)

For the Ford i´ve found something, but they are scanned not so good and so they are unprecise.

Maybe one of you have a model of theese cars with a manual with the blueprints or simething like else. I know that the manual of similr has a blueprint of the Ford included.

I hope you can help me.

Regards
    Steffen

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

How bad is the one you found it? maybe you never get a decent blueprint, wich i do, is make the mesh model draft with the blueprint then with reference pictures make the details and find the correct volume/morphology, the problem is they dont be 100% accurate, thing wich bothers me a lot and makes me get away from model cars, but, you can do a trick wich i see lately often, take a 3d model from studio and rotoscope it in the 3d software.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  3. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Hi I use this site, I know they do not have every single car in the world but it is a great resource and it just might have the car your looking for.
    http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/
    Now it depends on the sort of images you want they have free images but some are vector images and they cost.
    as I am only new to this modeling I only use the free images

Just had a quick scan for the cars you are looking for
    They do not have a 2010 but I got a 2006
    Ford GT (2006) Free Image link
    http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/ford/42369/view/ford_gt_(2006)/

[​IMG]

This one costs Prices are listed below and what you get for your money, like I said I use the Black and White free Downloads like the image above
    [​IMG]

Model year 2005
    Production years 2003 - 2006
    Format
    You get all formats when you buy the drawing.
    Adobe Illustrator (.ai)
    Encapsulated Postscript (.eps)
    Portable Document Format (.pdf)
    Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg)
    AutoCAD (.dwg)
    Drawing Exchange Format (.dxf)
    Projections front, top, rear, side
    Separate layer with solids for the body color, windows, headlights, wheels etc. Yes
    Scale 1:25
    Category Coupe
    Date added August 8th, 2010

Price

Prices are shown in Credits, our currency.
    Credits start at € 0.50 / credit.
    See price chart. 12 Credits

Here is a link to all the BMW there is just to many
    http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/cars/bmwcars/

any way if it helps please think about giving a thumbs up.

here is another site containing many links on the right to Blue Prints
    https://sites.google.com/site/diewreckt/blueprints

I have not had time to check them but I did look at the 1st link and got a really high quality lambo blueprint for free

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
  4. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

Thank you very much. I think the black/white blueprints are ok for me. I want to create the GT1 version but i think it will be possible to modify the standard car with the GT1 specification.

@pay2021:
    I have a blueprint of the Ford GT1, but somebody had scanned it from a manual of a similr model. But it is twisted.

5. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

No Problem Steffen Glad the post helped Do you know of any good tutorials for using the Blue prints in 3d Max I know how to set them up but all the tutorials I can find are very fast or have music as a back ground so they are really More like car Modelling Look at how good I am and How fast I can Do it rather than actual tutorials.

6. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

http://www.onnovanbraam.com/index.php?tutorials/blueprint_setup/

7. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

8. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Can use this free script to setup planes blueprint-manager

If use DirectX 9.0 driver the max images resolution is 1024x1024 (Dx10 driver can use more resolution but the driver is a crap).
    Try openGL i think can use more images resolution.

9. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

I am using Max 2014 so it is using DX11 Driver I am told it is the Recommended Driver and it is most definitely the best image quality
    I will take a look and see if I can use it on My Vesrion Great addition to this thread Kudos Many thanks.

Just tried that Blue Print Manager it loads in 3D Max2014 but when I add my blue prints it places them in weird directions I do like it if it was to lay them out as it should I can see that it would save a lot of time
    My top Image and my side image are not running in the same direction they run in different directions

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
  10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Back in the 'old' days, this series of tutorials was very popular :)
    3d palace Audi A3 tutorials

edit:
    Small tip, if you are struggling to get blueprints setup, maybe it is an idea to follow the entire tutorial first before modelling a car of your own choice.

11. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Many thanks I can set up the Blue Prints Ok I think there is a 1 or 2 pixel difference In my Images after I cut them out so I just resized them to the exact same size but I have found that this small difference can make a big change in the over all car shape. I guess that my Images are not the Best I am trying to model a 1966 Ferrari. Many thanks for the A3 Link I am going to give it a go today. Kudos for Link wgeuze