Manager/crew chief mode

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Fraser74, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Fraser74

Fraser74 Registered

After the dissapointment of pole position 2010 (didn't waste my time with 2012) and being impressed but not fulfilled by gran turismo's b-spec mode, i've come up with the idea that isi could fill this gap with Rfactor B-spec mode.(you heard it here first, ha) I get the feeling that they've already got all the tools to make it work. I was thinking to basically not use all the visuals, because the team managers only watch from the straights anyway, but use telemetry screens, driver feedback and weather screens. Imagine the track going from wet to dry, the driver complaining that the rears are going off over the radio, your competitors going from wets to slicks early to catch you up and its your decicion when to pit for what tyres and how much fuel to put in. Now double it because you'll be looking after 2 cars and factor in a safety car.
    I was thinking mostly of single player offline but there could definately be an online appliction for the concept. Emphasis would be on the on track events and not on the finantial and development side of things.

features would be;
    1.Driver feedback on tyres midrace, incindents and weather conditions
    2.Driver feedback on car set up during practice, qualifying and the race with a system pretty much the exact oppposite to SBK10, where for example the driver says the front doesn't turn in so good so you have to go and add front downforce and 2 clicks of toe out.
    3.Weather systems and moniters
    4.Pit stop planner including pre-race and changes on the car during pit stops
    5.10 levels of pace for the driver to run at to control tyre wear and fuel usage
    6.Penalties and safety cars
    7.Ovals and road racing
    8.Use fictious teams and names to emulate real racing series'
    9.Rule sets where say 2 types tyre have to be used

I get the feeling isi already have most if not all of these elements they just have to put them together in a different way to create something totally different but just as good for race fans.
    Look the football manager series it releases an game every year not because people love football but because they do it RIGHT. All other race management games spend way too much time and effort concentrating on what happens OFF the track when really all were interested in is what happens ON the track. In series like GP2 everybody has the same car and its what you do on track with set up and strategy that matters.

I know this wouldn't be a priority right now for isi but think they could deliver on this. If anyone agrees or has any ideas post it here.

PS. somebody make sure someone from isi sees this.

2. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

Well in fact for the multiplayer part all we need is some team rule and for the rest a good ui, for exemple using a plugin to export the data and having the managing software outside rf2

3. kevinho

kevinho Registered

4. Capeta

Capeta Registered

The pitwall project is really a good thing and with the better stability that rF2 have and rF1 haven't that could be a very good solution.
    Realtime telemetry and engineers working on it with driver by radio can give a huge advantage or be a terrible weight in a race.

5. Fraser74

Fraser74 Registered

I was thinking having all AI driving and having us make the difference with nothing but the strategy.

6. kevinho

kevinho Registered

Well, this would also be possible in a manager/engineer mode - i dont feel like it should be a mode exclusively for AI-based races. But as I mentioned before I agree with you/your idea because strategy has always been a huge part of racing and should become a huge part in sim racing as well.

7. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

You need to run this:

[​IMG]
    http://www.motec.com.au/telemetry/telemetryoverview/

And if you want to go one step beyond, you can generate a file each lap and open it automatically in Motec i2 interpreter.
    In this manner, engineers have this telemetry in real time, and the interpreter at the end of each lap.

Good luck. :D

8. kevinho

kevinho Registered

@JuanitoRPM: There's nothing new in your post, but of course motec still delivers great tools. We need features where engineers can prepare pitstops etc.

9. Fraser74

Fraser74 Registered

It would have to be simple enough for people to use and enjoy but complicated enough to be intresting. Like something i could teach my friend who likes cars and racing but is not that knowlegable about them.