Th8rs

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by patrod, Jun 3, 2013.

1. patrod

patrod Registered

Hi all,

i'm using a T500RS F1 wheel and it's great with rf2.

My problem is when i plug the TH8RS shifter.

rF2 doesn't autodetect the T500 but the shifter instead, because joy1 and joy2 are inverted in win7.
    I tried to configure the axis manualy, but all is inverted and the X axis is incorrectly detected.
    How solve this issue.

Regards

2. patrod

patrod Registered

Ok, i managed to setup the axis, but wtf, all my track setups are deleted !!!
    How is it possible?
    Did the game create a new player profile? I only modified my controller, what a cr.p.

3. Kilroy

Kilroy Registered

Hi patrod..

I had a similar situation the other day when I made a change to the player.plr file. After loading up rFactor 2 I noticed that my setups seemed to have disappeared.

Try this, load up the game and select single player. At the bottom of the screen at the main menu you have choices for settings, replay, player and customize. Select Player.

In the top half of the screen you will see Application Directory, which is where you installed the game. The second line is the User Directory where your user data files are.

My User Directory said E:\Games\rFactor 2\Userdata\Player\Bak
    It should have been E:\Games\rFactor 2\Userdata\Player

When I checked that Bak folder it had the data files and my setups. So I had all my original files in E:\Games\rFactor 2\Userdata\Player and duplicates in E:\Games\rFactor 2\Userdata\Player\Bak.

rFactor 2 was loading my settings from the Bak folder for some unknown reason. I deleted that folder and it fixed the problem.

Hope that makes some sense, had a laaaate night last night so the brain cells are fading.

4. patrod

patrod Registered

Thx Kilroy,:)

I will check that this evening.

By the way, the TH8RS is amazing.

I know that Fanatec products are better, but i cannot offer me them.

5. patrod

patrod Registered

Nope, all my old setups are deleted.:(