Cloudy weather.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sofo, May 25, 2013.

1. Sofo

Sofo Registered

Decided to have a change from sunny clear skies and set the weather to various variations of cloudy.
    Nothing happens. In the pit menu it says sunny, no matter what, and so it is on track.
    Is this a bug?

Going off-topic for an annoyance: Why for gods sake do you have to wait in the pit before you can go on track?
    I really don't see the glimpse of a point in this. It is carried over form RF1, but why not change it. Should be extremely simple.

2. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Are you going to open a new thread for every single thing that doesn't work for you ? (and that works for everyone else for that matter).

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

seems like you need help with every aspect of rf2...need helping turning the wheel or are you ok with that part!?!

4. Spadge

Spadge Registered

The weather works fine, except for random.

Once you have set the weather in your weather tab on the dedicated server track setup screen and clicked "save", have you changed the weather in the options screen to "scripted"?

5. zenrael

zenrael Registered

While we're on the subject of 'pits' i'd like to voice a complaint of my own.

No matter how many times I run in to that smarmy boiler-suited model waving his hand at me, I have yet to see blood, guts, or even watch him fall. He is there. Time and again it seems impossible to kill him. I am paying good money for this product and I damn well expect to be able to kill my pit crew.

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Is there anything you find about rF2 that you like or indeed you can get to work as it should ;)

7. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Yeah! If he's not going to clean the windscreen I don't need to worry about wiping him off it either.

8. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Maybe you changed the weather for the race session instead of the practice session or vice versa

9. Sofo

Sofo Registered

Weather is scripted, but doesn't work.

10. Sofo

Sofo Registered

Seems all the smallest RF2 assholes have come out their holes for this one. Well enjoy yourself.

If boards like this aren't for new users trying to come to grips with a buggy beta, then i don't know what it's for.
    I guess you scared all newcomers into not dealing with this betas numerous flaws.

And hey, this game has excellent physics. Lets all include ISI in our prayers for have done this sim for us, even if we payed for their beta.

Have a nice day in or out of your holes.

11. Sofo

Sofo Registered

Another thing i've pointed out in another thread. Why wine about threads you dont like? Why participate?

I assume you can read, so you can quickly determine whether this thread is for you or not. It's a matter of two mouseclicks and a quick scan.

Or is this place for veteran users only? If thats your problem the whole forum has a problem.

12. zenrael

zenrael Registered

I was new to rf2 only a few weeks ago myself.

When you say that the weather is scripted... are you sure it's not scripted for 'cloudy' much later on in the 'day'?

I too had problems getting the weather to 'work' correctly until i successfully figured out how the configuration menu's work.

13. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

Notice the relation with "start times" and "durations" in the two files.

14. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Could it be possible, that you are e.g. scripting the weather in the "race" tab and expecting the weather to change in the training session?

15. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Seems that many have done this mistake, me too :p

16. Sofo

Sofo Registered

As i see it, simple weather setting delivers what it promises. Scripted does not.

Having moving clouds is too much to ask for i guess.

Wonder what sun occlusion graphic setting does btw.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

there's moving clouds in game....

scripted weather works......

18. Sofo

Sofo Registered

19. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Have you tried the weather scripting tool, available in a thread on these forums?

I find changeable weather over a 1 hour race does work. Light levels change and it can get tricky.

Very very nice atmospherics.

I wouldn't call the people you want to help you "assholes", btw. Some of us might be, but we may not appreciate being reminded. ;)

20. Sofo

Sofo Registered

They didn't want to help at all. They were clowns trying to be funny. I gave them an answer they deserved and hopefully understood. At that time there were one trying to help. I adressed him speciallly.