I have no content in Multi player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ruben Miranda, May 23, 2013.

1. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    I recently did a fresh install 218
    uninstalled Rfactor installed full 218 reactivated and logged in.
    In mod mangment it shows all content installed I can see the veclies and tracks in single player.
    But there is nothing in multyplayer.
    There was before I did the fresh install.

Any help or sugestions.

Also ISI
    Please install a quick search for the forums the one up there for Google was not help or very little.

Thanks in Advance.

Ruben Miranda

2. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

A bump before the weekend

Ruben

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

When you uninstalled did you manually delete the .rfactor thingy in the appdata folder? If not you shouldn't have had to reactivate.

Is the multiplayer box grey? Does it say 'connected' where the single player box says 'verified' ?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Where/how are you seeing 'no content' in multiplayer? You're not able to join any servers, it always says you don't have it, or where?

5. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello

Kaptain wrote:
    The first time I just ran the uninstall threw windows and installed 218 with the same results
    The secound time I ran the uninstall then went threw and manuelly deleted folders and such then reactivated same result.
    Multiplayer tab is not greyed out and I am logged in and I can click and view the servers but even when I no I have that mod it says I don't. I click manege mods and all it shows is the all cars and track pic but there is nothing there to chose from.

But I can go to single player and all the cars and tracks are there to chose from.

Tim W. Wrote:
    Same as above
    I click multiplayer all servers are there I click on any server With a Mod I know I have but it says no it is not installed.
    I click manage mods at the bottom and there is nothing installed to click threw or accept.

View attachment 7833 Single player I have all the installed mods
    View attachment 7834 Multyplayer no content to chose from

Ruben M.

6. 88mphTim

You don't have anything in your first screen to confirm more than the Marussia and Lime Rock installed.

Second screen, try the list view, or checking the all cars mods at the top.

7. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello

Tim W. Wrote:
    You don't have anything in your first screen to confirm more than the Marussia and Lime Rock installed.

Second screen, try the list view, or checking the all cars mods at the top.

Multy player screen still nothing not even the Marussia
    Single player View attachment 7835
    If I click on the all cars and tracks there is nothing
    Here is a pic of what is installed
    there is more if I scroll down
    View attachment 7836
    One thing I did notice if I uncheck content and leave mods checked there is nothing in the list.

Thank you for the help
    Ruben

8. 88mphTim

Are you able to capture video of the whole joining process? Or can you take a screenshot of the list view when you're trying to join a server?

9. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Can not do video
    Here is a screen shot of the server list since it says I don't have the series it will not let me go any further.
    If I click the mod thing it fails to get the full mod.
    View attachment 7837
    It is not making any sence
    Thank you for your time Tim

Ruben

10. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello Gent's
    Still having trouble with this
    I have now done multiable uninstalls and installs with the same outcome as above.

Any one got a idea of what could be going on.

And do's anyone know where I can get the full rf2 build before 218 I think it was like 198 or something.
    That worked with out issue so I think I can install this one and if it works then update from there.

Thanks in advance
    Ruben

11. MJP

MJP Registered

There is no 'full' install, now most of the content has been separated you'll need a vmod to join almost all servers now. Find one that has the 'get mod' feature because the one in your screenshot 'Ozzies Games' is running the old ISI Formula Renault rfmod which once again according to your screenshot you don't have installed.

EDIT

Actually as I type this there's a server up called ! SR4L Server 2, it's near top of list and is running default ISI content and has 'get mod' available, see if you can join that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
  12. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Thanks MJB for your help
    So for hosting even if I have the content I have to make a VMod.
    I ask because even content I have it is not in the dedi list to pick and host.
    only the vmods that I have downloaded are listed.

Ruben

13. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes you need a vmod, it can either be one you've downloaded or you can make one yourself and choose the tracks/cars you want.

14. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Thanks
    It still just not make sence to me
    That what I have installed like the Nissan 370z that is shown to be installed in mod maneger and in the installed folder/directory.
    Is not seen in the single player and multiplayer same with tracks I see them installed but I can not see or select them to race.
    It still seems to be something wrong.
    And it makes no sence

Ruben

15. Serega-UA

Serega-UA Registered

I connect to the servers, but your can not, 218 bluid,What is the Problem

16. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello

Serega Wrote:
    I can connect to servers but only if I download the vmod and that is ok I get that part.
    But I don't understand why I don't see ISI content in single player or in multiplayer
    Example I installed the 218 Update but the only content I see is the F1 murrisa
    I have the 370z gt4 installed but I can not chose it I also have tracks installed like Lime rock but can not see it to race it.
    I think my problem is in the RFM files some of the cars I have installed don't have rfm files all though the cars where installed they did not create a rfm file.
    When I download and install a vmod then I see a rfm file.
    I don't think that isi set it up that in order to race or host there content we need to make a vmod to do so.
    something is wrong with my install or the directory or something I just can not figure where it went wrong.

Ruben

17. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Ruben, do you have 'working directory' set to the proper folder? I never move/change my Packages folder location but when I do a new install with old one still present until tested I must change working directory URL or I do not see content in game, just mod manager. Could be way off base here just thought I'd throw it out there since my results were so similar.

18. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    On install it is put in
    core is put in c drive program files rfactor
    Packages is put in d drive R factor two
    I have put it in different drive since it first got released and have not had a problem until now.

Although the packages where in a different folder put when I ran in to this problem I uninstalled and reinstalled in to this folder.
    But the problem still exits. I looked eveywhere and trying to figure out the why and whats but still don't have a idea on what is causing this.

Ruben

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

isn't it possible that you just have the content, but not (v)mods pointing to the content??? If that is the case, in offline you won't have mods visible, but when using all tracks all cars, you will see it.

AFAIK you need a vmod in order to be able to choose it in multiplayer (correct me if I'm wrong)

EDIT :: And you say you didn't have this problem before, only just now. That could make sense. At first ISI released the content as mods (track/car combo's) that you could select. Now they release it as components, not actual mods (meaning you can see it in all tracks all cars, but not as a seperate (v)mod)

20. zenrael

zenrael Registered

You know its funny you should mention this because I have no skill in multiplayer, and i think its a related bug.

John