Build 218 SLI Performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otta56, May 21, 2013.

1. otta56

otta56 Registered

SLI performance does not appear to have improved with Build 218.

Using Nvidia driver 320.14; 3x SLI Titan @ 8040x1440; multi-view on, all settings at maximum. HDR on & off.

Portugal varies between 13 - 50 fps depending on the section of the course with stuttering in the corners.

Mills varies between 20 - 45 fps on most parts of the course with stuttering on the same corners on the track.

Brianza varies between 50 - 60 fps. with stuttering in corners at the same places on the track.

Belgium varies between 30 - 60 fps depending on the car. Some cockpits drop to 20 - 30 fps throughout the entire course; some are between 40 - 60. Stuttering present on the same corners on each lap.

Multi-view does seem to have changed with more stuttering on the side monitors on the courses tested.

HDR does work with multi-view now but with a significant framerate drop from 50 - 60 fps (no HDR) at Brianza to 10 - 13 fps with HDR on.

The attached PrecisionX chart shows the performance of build 218 at Brianza with HDR on and all settings at maximum.

View attachment 7775

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  2. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Have not tried 320.14 as yet.
    314.22 did not give me an improvement in performance over my 306.00 driver I have been using, in SLI mode.
    Plus, 314.22 does not allow overclocking, so I just rolled back to 306.00 and am happier with the results.

3. john gianni

john gianni Registered

Try to disable mirrors and see if fps is more stable... That track seems bugged.

For me 2 GTX580 SLI @ 5040x1024 underclocked to 770mhz, smooth v-sync on, no multiview, HDR on all maxed but track details and reflections I get a good stable 60 fps on all tracks but SPA and no microstutters. Multiview on halves my fps and big microstutters.

Got some perf boost with latest beta drivers 320.14 .

Guessing if a third card will make me reach 60fps with multiview on. Now i can find a used GTX580 at 150 € here in Italy, which is good.

4. DaniloJF

DaniloJF Registered

Why the hell would you need 3 Titans, with only 1 you should be able to run 3 screens at max settings over 60 fps with no problem.

5. gagipro

gagipro Registered

For me :
    3*gtx580 3GB RAM 6120*1200 no vsync, no multiview (too much fps loss), NOHDR. Some tuning in nvidia confguration.
    120 fps to reduce input lag as it's discussed in another thread. Perhaps I have to test some track or configurations where you got problem to compare our results.

I think we can exchange about our configurations !!!
    You have to underclock to make it stable?

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Lower resolutions help all round
    (&actually look better to me )

Decreases bottle necks etc
    High fps isn't just the objective,
    We could in some cases achieve high fps but still have bad performance

Lower res is a big factor to a fluid gameplay

7. john gianni

john gianni Registered

I've read somewhere that underclocking would produce better sync between the cards to reduce microstutters... it worked for me.
    I have problems in Portugal, searspoint and imola with HDR on in certain parts of the tracks. The problem is well known.
    I don't know if I'm not that good, but I don't experience input lag, and honestly don't want to know what it is, as I'm still struggling to get a good frame rate... you know, don't want to add another issue to solve :)

No HDR is too much of a graphic compromise... I keep it on for eye-candy...

In nvidia CP i keep these major settings:

FXAA off
    AA 4x
    AF 16x
    Triple Buffer On
    Pre-rendered frames 2
    V-Sync On (Smooth)

I'm really happy about fluidity, but side views without multiview are pretty much useless for immersion.

8. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

If that's vsync video your using, then you have an additional 200ms input lag which is going to compromise your consistency and driving potential.

I had two gtx460's and a few builds ago sold them and bought a gtx670. Rf2 has never been as smooth even when the graphics settings are set so the fps matched both setups, the single card solution had no micro stutter and no general unsmoothness when vsync is disabled.

9. john gianni

john gianni Registered

Thx, I'm now desperate :) ;)

10. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

Multiview.. multiview is the problem

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Graphics
    ========
    -Environment mapping is not yet fully optimized and may cause slowdowns, especially on multi GPU systems.

this is in the KnownIssues.txt, not sure if it's a new addition or been there for ages though!

12. MrPix

MrPix Registered

I have 2x 680 4GB cards @ 5910x1200 and seem to be getting fair frame rates on most tracks... now I have ticked the Windowed Mode.... the only effect it seems to have is to double the fps with Multiview on... I'm happy.

13. raekwon

raekwon Registered

windowed mode is the solution for now...
    i got decent framse with a sli o gtx460... full/medium details

14. Patterik

Patterik Registered

Forcing the "sli compatibility bits" to 0x82482005 using nVidia inspector also helps quite a bit.

15. gagipro

gagipro Registered

ho yes !!! A LOT !!!

this is the parameter I was talking about.

thanks

16. MrPix

MrPix Registered

I use this parameter AND Windowed Mode and Multiview rocks :)

17. john gianni

john gianni Registered

Windows Mode seems to increase input lag. Furthermore it seems to use more GPU thus heating up a lot the cards...