rF2 Build 218, Internals Plugin v5, Dev Mode 218 released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 20, 2013.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I forgot to add- thank you, ISI!

the rear end of vehicles is very different now. the changelog mentioned a minor change to the diffuser in the draft, but it feels a lot different all the time to me.

2. Tony

Tony Registered

Hi Kk, well since you asked :)

Only tested a little, but so far the Pros:

Nice looking new HUD - classy to me

Spa vegetation is nice now - colours and tones have been harmonised more.

HDR working well - nice feel to graphics for me, & the Megane windscreen is now sorted & not yellowish, also the view outside the windscreen is a bit darker & more natural - like Tosch's HDR profiles he used to post for us all..

Portugal track has been worked on loads I think - looking really classy now with extra detail & interest all over the track & nearby buildings, & all around the finish-straight & pit area. (never drove this track too much, but it's much nicer looking than how I remember..)

Monaco has been worked on - the sea is much more natural looking now colour-wise, & trees look more varied - rest of track is great anyway :)

Physics of vehicles I've not tested yet so no idea..

Cons: Spray is too dense, but transparency patch due soon with hopefully raindrops on windscreen (rain comes inside the car though)

Wipers on CLio, Megane & Nissan 370z don't move

Not much else to find fault with for the moment from me..

I did the uninstall like Wadji's post - from Start/Progs/rFactor2/Uninstall, then manually uninstalled the core folder in Program Files (x86) & the rFactor2 folder in My Docs.

I Saved the Packages folder & two Controller.ini files (for 2 steering wheel & key-stroke saved profiles)

D/loaded manually the Lite package, installed it & copied back in my Packages folder, & the 2 Controller.ini files into UserData/Controller.. then installed everything by the Mod Manager.

I didn't have any probs with anything failing, maybe as I'm only using all the latest content: 1.42/1.43 etc.. & not bothering with the Formula ISI (F1 cars) for the moment till they appear as an individual component in the downloads page

So I agree with Adrian Stealth's closing comments - looking much more rounded now

nb. haven't noticed any particular framerate probs at Portugal, & at Monaco my spectators were all standing!

Haven't tried any non ISI tracks yet

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
  3. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Ok, thanks.

So leagues still can not make serious championships :(

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, that explains one of the three failures. What about the Auto Update and Manual Update?

5. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Agree the new Font on the LCD looks very trendy, but its much harder to read when glancing quickly at it than the old style Font, maybe an option to choose between them?

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I think the old one is inside game/Customize

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Everything is bright and shiny in Vehicle/Tuning now.

8. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Auto update is still broken.

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Auto updater are for lazy bastards ;)

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

One should not take fonts lightly or attempt to be artistic with them, especially if untrained. Fonts are more serious than most of us understand. If you disagree, then watch the documentary film 'Helvetica'. Very interesting!

11. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Very polite from you...

12. tjc

tjc Registered

I am.

I know others have done the same and still had problems but so far, I haven`t. :)

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Tbh the first time I installed rf2 (b85 for me) I`d set the path for my rf2 install and had installed both in there before I realised but it worked perfectly and I`ve installed like that every time since and had very few problems with rf2 (he say`s firmly touching wood lol)

:)

14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Serendipity can be your friend. Working great for me. No problems whatsoever. Now I just need to figure out how to copy or prune my packages folder because that takes longer than everything else combined. :)

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Absolutely it can. :)

I`m not doing any online atm so I just have 28 "items" in my Packages folder and installed. I decided to only install the updated single components and a few other tracks (feels3`s, VLM`s, Tuttles) for now until all ISI`s stuff has been updated.

Nice and tidy. :)

16. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

:) ,,,,, but the point is it should work as there are lots of guys not confident enough to go into the installed files and start shuffling , the updater is a major part of the game , especially in testing when there are many builds , in 14 pages not an official response on why its broken just a lot of frustrated guys trying to use it , personally I dont mind I just wont touch it until the updater works Im not in that much of a hurry that I must have it right now .

I just tried the updater now its say query - current build is up to date , Im still on 198 :) interesting

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm going to do the same next time. If an online server wants something I don't have then I won't join.

18. coops

coops Banned

FPs gone from 85/90 at mills to 45/50 fps wats going on? worse build for me on FPS. gtx680 not a toy

19. Thor

Thor Registered

My HD 6970 2GB 40/50 fps

20. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

Thanks for this Update, ISI. Another nice step in the right directon. Now i looking forward to the tweaked + improved rain-spray and the upcoming + updated Content.