"Input controller change detected" every 10 to 30 minutes

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by hisbluness, May 20, 2013.

1. hisbluness

hisbluness Registered

Hi,

I'm having issues with the controller being detected as "changed" every 10-30 minutes. This causes a big glitch/lag in the game and usually ends in me crashing. So no real racing for me. There seems to be no pattern and this is happening since I have started playing last week.

Someone else had the same issue with an older build: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7218-input-controller-change-was-detected

The provided resolution (deactivate USB legacy mode in BIOS) was tested but did not make any difference. I also checked the Windows power settings for USB (every power off thing is deactivated). I changed the USB port (tested all on the computer) and no change. I don't know of any other resolutions, so maybe one of you does?

This seems to only happen in rfactor2, rfactor1 works fine as far as I can tell. That doesn't really point towards a driver/firmware issue of the controller.

Specs:
    controller: fanatec CSR

If further information is needed, let me know and thanks any ideas you may have.
    Best
    blu

2. mennow

mennow Registered

Well, i seem to have the same problem now...

Didn't have this on previous builds, could play for hours with no problems at all.
    I have just installed build 218 with the lite installer, no mods , just the 1.4xx components.
    When driving i suddenly loose all inputs,
    steering , shifting with T8rs and pedal input.
    When I check under controls nothing is detected anymore.
    I did copy my old profile in my fresh install, but i worked flawless before.

I raced single player, did some practise on Portugal track with Brabham, for around 20 minutes.
    Then did a race with ai for 8 laps, on the 6th lap i lost all controller input.
    The message was that controller was "changed".

I have 3 different USB inputs : T500 steer, T8rs shifter and BRD speed 7 pedals.

T500 is directly plugged in pc, the others are linked into usb hub.
    But steering was gone too.

Well , i hope anybody can help,

greetings Menno

3. BerJupiler

BerJupiler Registered

i have the same problem with the fanatec clubsport wheel, POZAN DTM mod after 20 mins

4. hisbluness

hisbluness Registered

Just wanted to report back that the problem solved itself. It became less with build 218 but the difference made using both, the pedals and the wheel on separate USB ports directly on the mainboard. Aparently having the pedals plugged into the wheel was a problem.

It works now.

5. elbo

elbo Registered

I have an SRW-S1 bolted to a G27 and this problem occurs intermittently on my system as well.

6. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Fanatec wheel, Clubsport Pedals and Logitech G27 shifter and I'm getting the same thing