Kudos for the new car behavior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saabjock, May 19, 2013.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I had the absolute pleasure of driving the 'updated' Nissans... for the first time, last evening at LRP.
    What an absolute blast it was.
    It was the first time in years of simracing, that all I had to do was lower the steering angle and drive.
    The car responded exactly as it should. No 'silly' spinning at 25 and 35 mph. The brakes, the cornering...it all felt natural.
    Nothing else needed to be done.
    Just drive.

2. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Big +1

Although I did find the 370z a little more challenging than the GTR at first, they are a really good drive now. :)

4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I like them a lot too. :)

But I still wonder, how close are these cars simulated to the real thing.
    Of course there are limitations, missing G-forces the most noticeable. Limitations in compute power.

But how do I know that the simulation of new versions of these cars, although feeling better IMO, are getting closer to reality? Does ISI have people for testing who know these cars in real and how they should feel? Does anyone here in this forum has ever driven a GTR or 370z?

Without some reference to reality even some cars in the game GT5 (a game, not a simulation) could be closer to reality (by luck).
    But I doubt I will get a proof and simply have to believe. :(

5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcwstdwjTE8
    Here real vs Forza4 with an BMW an about 7:50 in the video the driver`s statement: in the game it is much harder to accelerate out of the turns and you have to get the car in the game straight to accelerate while in real life it`s much easier to acc. out of the corner - around 08:30 he states that the traction is also much better in real life than in the game, what surprises him....
    sorry for offtopic and the vid is in German

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Sim cars can... and are often a lot harder to drive than their full-sized counterparts.
    What makes the difference (in the real world) is the fact that you know as a driver, if you hit that tree or house it's done. You spend a lot of money and use a lot of time and resources just to get to the course. It's not good for either when you crash in the first or second stage.
    I spent four years rallying a spec Toyota with good results...but still sometime have a 'fight' with RBR.
    There is just a lot of information coming through that seat in the full car. You know what it's doing instantly.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:)

8. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Thats why I try to get a motion simulator, SimXperience Stage 1 + Rear Traction Loss Simulation Module, later this year when i have won in the lottery.
    But a motion simulator should add a lot of information (?)

9. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

Good business plan! Win the lottery :)