News announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saabjock, May 17, 2013.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I ask this question simply because of a recently closed topic.
    Where do you guys look first for ISI based news pertaining to rF2?
    Generally... the first place I go on logging in, is the News section.
    I was a bit 'mystified' recently on seeing a link to Twitter with RF2 build/testing prospective development news, which I hadn't seen in the News section.
    Should all future announcements surrounding RF2, be in ISI's News section....before anywhere else on the web?
    Your thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I find out here or Facebook mainly, that news section has become a bit redundant.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I use facebook too, and it's nice when you have it connected to the phone so you'll get the rF2 news in no time, wherever you are lol ;)

But I think 'News' section should be updated, also. I mean...it's ISI's official forum afterall.
    Looks like it stopped being updated quite a long time ago... Even rfactor.net site have some really old news.
    Someone who don't know where to look could think that rF2 is dead.

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Race department

5. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Not on Facebook or Twitter so I check here or VirtualR for news.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Here, Tim`s Twitter, JM`s Twitter, rf2`s facebook...

Always here first though.

I take your point though Saabjock, it would be good (and maybe should be the case) that the "News" forum has all the latest news and releases etc in there too...

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Where did that young man go that did the videos?

8. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

VirtualR used to have news when a somewhat good track was released on rFactor, but now it's totally useless.
    Checking this forum seems to be the best option at the moment.

9. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

10. arraamis

arraamis Registered

Though many of the sources provided in this thread are a good resource for rf2 information. I would think it best for the ISI developers and staff to make their Official Announcements here on this forum, in a dedicated thread, unmolested by user comments.

The OP's question: "Should all future announcements surrounding RF2, be in ISI's News section....before anywhere else on the web? " The answer is without question, yes, it should be in the "News Section" and easily found.

The fact that many who have brought the game have different viewpoints and interpretations of rf2 particulars, shows that the stream of information isn't reaching all of those who have an interest. Expanding on this, the fact that rfactor2 is as stated "an ongoing development" and is being distributed and sold in an unfinished state to consumers, screams for a steady flow of information from ISI. IMHO, we shouldn't have to scour the www for rfactor information, we should have a reliable, dedicated source.

Some may argue, that the information sought is available here and there on the forum ... I would respond with a simple question; Then why are there so many threads asking the same very pertinent questions?

This is an easy fix!!!!!

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

The biggest news this year is the release of the SLS safety car.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Precisely, the "News" seems to be fragmented among too many places with no central place so things get lost and reworded.
    Even the Official Website is not upto date, this is the most recent item: 12/19/12 rFactor 1rFactor v1255c Released, the FAQ could also do with a vast overhaul with new information added plus nowhere in there (that I can find anyway) does it explain the "Constant Development" plan of the game.....which should be the #1 item for newcomers to read!

13. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Obviously, with a busy schedule I cannot read every single post...but I can and do go into the news section.
    I'll admit I was one of the guys who was un-sure about the end of the beta phase.
    I guessed it was over, because I no longer saw a reference to it on entering the site.
    While I really don't care when it ended and am happy just running the thing, it still would have been nice for the guys to make an official announcement in the news section so I could start the 'clock' on my lease.

14. Duvel

Duvel Registered

http://www.bsimracing.com/ don't normally miss new updates, vr.net are not reporting on rf2 lately for some reason and has a moody owner who does what he wants and is biased :) ... ... ... ... ... ...

15. rhamm

rhamm Registered

The "beta" word was removed in January. The "free" period of online for testers ends in June 2014.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-refund-policy?p=130419&viewfull=1#post130419

Right now the quickest way to find out the "news" in the forum would be to see which topics Tim Wheatley has started by using the link below.

http://isiforums.net/f/search.php?searchid=535265

16. Miro

Miro Registered

NM....