Anyone have a good rF2 config for "Fanatec CSW wheel"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bee, May 17, 2013.

1. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

If you have a setup you think is good for the "Fanatec CSW wheel", please post your controller.ini in this thread. This way others with the same wheel can check it out. The more the merrier :)

Thanks,
    Bee

2. coops

coops Banned

i don't have 1 but tried 1 they are magic the settings that i used was. 70% in game FFB/ FFb wheel 100% and For at 200% everything else 0% and sen same as in game. sry don't know more but i defiantly want a CSW, birthday still to come might have to spoil myself.

Hi Bee Tim told me your in here on his behalf when he is not around hope you get the respect he does.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
  3. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

That's pretty much what I have. FFB in game depends on the car. I leave steering wheel range stock in game, and use the saved settings within the wheel to change for the type of car im using(open wheel vs tintop, with the tintops have more steering range)

4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I don't have a CSW but CSRE. Definitely set FFB-Smoothing=0 in controler settings (default is 4 afaik). The CSW can handle it and you get alot more FFB details.

5. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Aha! Good tip.

6. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I might still have one floating around somewhere...

7. Tomy

Tomy Registered

Anybody with some good settings for this wheel?

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Post a screenie of your ingame controller screen showing FFB settings.

9. gagipro

gagipro Registered

+1, we need to do the same as g25 community because for the price, we don't have enough good feeling as g25 community. Just because of the lack of setup arround.
    But the smoothing=0 helps a lot as a start !!!

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I use everything at linear and all defaults and it feels great. rF2 is designed out of the box to work perfectly with the CSW wheel. It's our Logitech friends who have to fiddle.

In Windows Control Panel: Wheel angle 900 and Dampening Strength at 100% (the latter is irrelevant for rF2, but some other titles need it set at 100%).

On the wheel itself, SEN OFF so rF2 will control the range; FFB at 100; SHO OFF (of course!); ABS (I use 95 just so there is a little fake tremble when you really stomp the brake pedal, but this should be off normally); LIN OFF (of course!); DEA OFF (of course!); DRI OFF (tripe of course!); FOR 100; SPR OFF (of course!); DPR OFF (of course!).

Inside the sim, every car multiplier at 1.0. The ISI guys slave over configuring every car properly and relative to each other. Why would I try to tamper with their superior physics tuning? It's like using your own mixer for music that was professionally recorded and mixed in a sound studio already and expecting your $2 device to improve on it? FFB Smoothing at 0 (not needed for Fanatec wheels). Sensitivity 100%. Deadzone 0%. Speed Sensitivity 0% and Steer Ratio Speed="0.00000" in Controller.ini (which I believe is the default, but if not, set it to 0).

Perfect FFB--better than any other sim (and I have them all) with all default settings (with a CSW--other wheels this won't necessarily work).

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I don't have my CSR-E settings available right now however below are the *.ini changes I have made. I have also installed peddlemap plugin to monitor FFB clipping which I think is essential.

Off-road multiplier="0.50000"
    Steering resistance coefficient="0.12500"
    Steering spring coefficient="0.00000"
    Steering spring saturation="0.00000"
    Rumble strip magnitude="0.20000"
    Rumble strip wave type="3"
    Rumble strip pull factor="0.80000"
    Jolt magnitude="2.00000"
    Throttle spring coefficient="0.50000"

12. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Peddlemap plugin ok, do you think csr settings are the same as csw for controller.ini?

13. MK3424

MK3424 Registered

And maybe, if you already have this that's great:

Fanaleds!!!

Seriuosly, i'm using a Porsche Turbo S wheel and Fanaleds adds a bunch of nifty display features for Fanatec wheels.

14. D2K

D2K Registered

probably a silly question but wheres the ini file?

15. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

In your "rFactor\UserData\Controller" folder.

16. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

That's where the 'stored' ini's are,the one that is in 'current use is in \UserData\player\

17. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

Just to be clear, if you are downloading an ini that someone posts here or sends you, you don't want to save it to that folder, you want to save it to the folder mentioned in my post so that it can be selected from the list of profiles. Otherwise, as soon as you change any controller settings in-game, you lose the base ini file to work from (i.e. you can't revert back).

On the other hand, if you are wanting to post your current controller.ini file, you can grab it from the folder mentioned in this post, but it will be named "controller.ini" (which can be confusing as to what controller it relates to). What you usually want to do (and what most typically do) is when you get a good controller setup, create a profile of it by copying it to your controller folder (the location in my post) and renaming it appropriately (e.g. "Fanatec CSW-strongFFB") so you always have that good base file to work from (and which you can upload for others to use).

18. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Understood, now got to find best settings...

19. otta56

otta56 Registered

I have had good success with the following using a csw base:

Wheel

FFB =100%
    FF=100%
    All other settings: Off

Fanatec Properties page:

Wheel rotation 900 dgrees
    Damping 0%

Controller.ini file:

[ Force Feedback ]
    Type="1" // Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble/gamepad 4=custom
    Ignore controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4, 16=controller5, 32=controller6 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 63 ignores all)
    Skip updates="0" // Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)
    Steering effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)
    Off-road multiplier="0.20000" // Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)
    Steering torque filter="0" // Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)
    Steering torque per-vehicle mult="0.75000" // Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)
    Steering torque zero-speed mult="1.00000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque
    Steering torque sensitivity="1.00000" // Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high
    Steering torque minimum="0.03000" // Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction
    Steering torque extrap time="0.00100" // Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)
    Steering torque extrap blend="0.00000" // Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)
    Steering resistance type="1" // 0=use damping, 1=use friction
    Steering resistance coefficient="1.00000" // Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    Steering resistance saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0
    Steering spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Steering spring saturation="0.0000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Rumble strip magnitude="0.00000" // How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
    Rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
    Rumble strip pull factor="1.00000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
    Rumble strip update thresh="0.01000" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
    Jolt magnitude="1.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
    Throttle effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Throttle effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
    Throttle spring coefficient="0.10000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Throttle spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Brake effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Brake effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Brake spring coefficient="0.30000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Brake spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Clutch effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Clutch effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Clutch spring coefficient="0.20000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Clutch spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Gearbox effects strength="10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)
    Gearbox effects on steer axis="0" // 0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox 'axis', 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
    Gearbox spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Gearbox spring saturation="1.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)
    Other spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers
    Other spring saturation="0.00000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers

Forces are well defined with more resistance under heavy braking until the tires start to slide; then the wheel gets light. Wheel also gets light when tires slide in corners and when going over the brows of hills. Parking lot forces are as strong as the motors permit from the resistance of the tire contact patch to turning when stationary. The 3% steering torque minimum allows for better slide and spin recovery than 0%. As always your mileage will vary.

Some questions I had:

'Steering torque sensitivity' variable; are these integer values only (i.e. 0=low, 1=linear, 2=high) or are fractional values 0.02, 0.2 recognized?
    'Steering resistance coefficient' - Does this pass a fraction of the total friction at the contact patch to the FFB wheel; i.e. is 1.0 100% of the calculated friction passed to the FFB wheel while 0.90000 90% of the total?
    'Steering resistance saturation' - Does 1.00000 mean 100% of the FFB wheel motor force is used while at 0.90000 90% of total available force is called for?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  20. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Anyone tried the new firmware & driver?

Feeling is better imo !!!