Help, RF2 wont open

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jason Duley, May 16, 2013.

1. Jason Duley

Jason Duley Registered

Hi Guys,

I purchaced rfactor2 only a couple of weeks ago, and am a bit new to this,

I installed the old gp cars and tracks and it was working fine, then i installed all the new downloads that became available on the 10th of may and now the game wont even start... i tryed uninstalling them but it still wont start.. i have no idea what to do now...

Jason

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

If it were me I would start again.

Install 198

then add only the 1.4x components.

3. Jason Duley

Jason Duley Registered

Everything i installed was 1.4x... surely i don't have to keep re-installing it, isn't there a limit to how many times you can do that?

4. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

By any chance, did you also install the 3 mods below the 1960's mod Download? If you did, maybe try unistalling them first. Not sure myself if they work or not with everything being updated, I didn't install them to see if they worked because of them either calling for track versions that may not be in your installation, or the mods installing outdated tracks if they do. The following screenshot was edited by me to show what could be wrong, but i'm only guessing at the moment.

Scott

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
  5. Jason Duley

Jason Duley Registered

No i didn't do any of the ones labeled, but i did do the 1960's package at the top, and i think something funny may have happened with it. It was a few days ago so my memory is a bit vague, but i think it turned grey after clicking install and said it couldn't be installed because it was missing something.. but i can't remember exactly.

6. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Okay, here is a few more questions, hope you don't mind.

- - a)rFactor2_SamplerBuild_198.exe
    - - b)rFactor2_LiteBuild_198.exe

2) Can you make a screenshot of your C:\Users\...\Documents\rFactor2\Manifests folder? This may help to identify if there is a problem mod installed or not.

3) Can you also make a list (or a screenshot inside the ModManager) of the tracks you have installed?

Scott

7. Jason Duley

Jason Duley Registered

Hmm it seems to be working... i didn't un-install it, i just ran the installer again.. I didn't have to put in a product code, so not sure if i used up one of my installs or not?

I used the a)rFactor2_SamplerBuild_198.exe to install it.

I went through and one by one installed each car and made sure it started after each one, and installed belgium, brianza, mills metro. I didn't install any more tracks because i read somewhere that having to many is causing problems..

Havn't tryed to race yet but it starts, so that is a step forward haha.

8. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Jason, that is Great to hear! Now, hope your overall experience with rFactor2 in the future will be Great as well!

Scott

9. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Doesn't sound like it.

You get 5 . When you run out, just ask for more :)