rFactor 2 issues and crashes

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by troffeo, May 16, 2013.

1. troffeo

troffeo Registered

Hi everybody!

In last few days i bought a rfactor 2 license and activate via isi suggested instructions.
    My steps are:
    1. Dowloaded the rFactor 2 installer built last version 198
    2. Installed the game, in different paths (D: rFactor 2 for core and D: My Documents/rFactor 2 for data)
    3. Activated and verified the license via rfactor launcher
    4. From manage mods i was installed the Renault Clio mod in last version 1.44 to began the game
    For a couple days everything was ok (also in single player and online race) except the developer tab who was un-ticked...
    I start downloading some mods, mainly tracks, who find them all together in a torrent. Still everything ok.
    Because have some problems to join some mods (both in single player or online race) because missing files or needs previous track versions, i find a torrent with some of this versions. Also i try find and istall the Renault Clio v1.0 mod.

So from yesterday night, when i launch the game (both in single player or online race) with all mods, cars, tracks etc. the game load everything normally, i do all settings without any problem but when i am ready to push the race button.... crash!!! (without any message)....

I try to reinstall, but the same issue remaining....

Please can anybody help me to solve this issue????
    Where i can find the basic or the very first version of the game, because i belive is problem to start the installation from last built (198)

Thank you in Advance

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  2. diegoresende

diegoresende Registered

I have the same problem!
    Could partially solve doing a fresh install without mods of whom were very willing to play.

3. troffeo

troffeo Registered

Solved!!!!

Just thought to uninstall some tracks, because have a lot, and the problem SOLVED!!!

I don't have crashes any more and i enjoy races.

So i suggest do not install too many tracks or mods in rfactor 2, because perhaps starting issues......

4. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

It's not too many, it's specific ones. Certain things being wrong, such as a safety car called for which you do not have, will cause this. Removing the offending track (which there is no clue to help you find which one it is) will fix all of the others. If you only add them one at a time, testing after each, then you will know which ones are bad immediately. That's the only practical way when it comes to adding a lot--- or the more unusual ones, I guess.

5. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I had crashes, uninstalled all vmods and it worked fine. But this build introduced crashes, stuttering and 1 fps bug for me. I wonder if this game ever will be finished.