logitech and force feed back

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by G.Bird, May 15, 2013.

1. G.Bird

G.Bird Registered

Is there going to be eny updates to the way this game handles the force feed back used for Logitech wheels in relation to this extreme
    knocking rattling when using the apex on corners its horrendous.
    I no from reading other threads that people say to turn the force feed back smoothing up but this will introduce latency
    which is bad and no good for racing when you need to be accurate.
    Also dumbs down other force feed back effects to the point where it feels like you only have to springs pulling the other way you turn the wheel.
    Can you not put a setting in the game / .ini file that we can adjust like the setting for the Rumble strip pull factor="1.50000"
    To me it feels like the effect is turned up to much and out of sync with all the other effects like say the rumble strip pull is set at 1.5 the effect that's nocking rattling is set at 10.000 if you no what I mean.

2. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Adjust the relevant settings in your .plr file; that's what they're there for. Off-road effect, rumblestrip effect... all of the settings you're wishing would be "put in the game" are already there.

3. G.Bird

G.Bird Registered

The effect I am talking about is not in the ini file to change or I would have changed it already and would have had no need to make a post about it.
    I pointed out that you can change the Rumble strip pull factor because that can be changed same with the Off-road effect and there is no setting that we can change to calm this effect that is rattling and nocking the crap out of the logitech wheels.
    I am asking for the ability to change that setting like we can with the Rumble strip pull factor and the Off-road effect.
    i'll make a vid to show exactly what I am on about tomorrow.

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Is this on ISI tracks? If it's not, there are a few bad track conversions out there that need a higher resolution for the track surface. The low poly count causes unrealistic bumps that cause the Logitech wheels to rattle.

I use a G25 myself and the only problem with rattling I ever had was at the very start of the beta and off track, before ISI introduced the offroad multiplier in controller.ini. Ever since the FFB lost some of it's finesse, which in return made me turn down the smoothing. Starting at 8 I am at 0 now and I wish they put some of the finer effects back in the game. :/

5. Tony

Tony Registered

Hi Mitch,

You may, or may not have seen it, but the rattling with Logitech wheels has had a lot of discussion here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1645-G25-27-horrendous-rattling

I get the feeling that the dev boys are leaving it as-is now (with the added force-feedback smoothing control)

Have to say I turn that up to around 14-ish & it's ok re. rattling, & feels ok.. yea sure you do lose some effects & stuff, but I don't seem to notice that too much when racing in close-quarters with other cars

Also have to say that today I'm having delivered a Fanatec GT3rs to finally see what all those guys who already have belt-driven wheels have been banging on about, lol

I'm keeping my G27 though as I'm very fond of it & like it's very direct responses..

Edit: just seen Doc Jones' post above & he's got a very good point about tracks - there are some low-poly conversions out there - Laguna being quite a good example of that

6. G.Bird

G.Bird Registered

To DocJones I get it on all tracks some more than others

7. G.Bird

G.Bird Registered

Hi Tony I have read the thread you posted about nearly went blind tried most of what was said to try and wile turning the smoothing up is a option I kills the force feed back and turns the wheel in to no feed back at all apart from resisting left and rite pull on the wheel for me enyway.

8. G.Bird

G.Bird Registered

Here is a vid of it in action

wile I no that the smoothing was set to 0 for the vid this don't calm down until I have the smoothing @ 17 and above.