Fanatec Clubsport Elite V2 pedals rumble on brakes doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Racefreak1976, May 14, 2013.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Hi guys,

quite a while ago I bought the Fanatec Clubsport Elite V2 pedals. As you probably all know they aren't exactly cheap. I'm using them with my old G25 and they work ok (not as good as you'd expect for something with a price tag like that), anyway, it seems the rumble effect for the brake pedal doesn't work in rFactor 2. I haven't tried it in any other racing game so far.
    However, in the hardware settings (where you can test the vibration) it does actually work. So is this an issue with rFactor?
    I have the Fanaleds software installed but it doesn't do anything for me (no matter what settings I change), it just doesn't do ANYTHING except for occupying system memory perhaps.

Does anybody have a solution to this or am I the only person with this problem. Should I send the pedals back to Fanatec?

2. gagipro

gagipro Registered

I own the CSP V2 too and I'm not very happy for the price of a highend german product (I saw you are from Germany :) ).

I don't use the rumble effect much but what I saw is that you can adjust the rumble effect between 0 & 100% of the pedal pressed (with the little button close to the rev LED on both bmw & formula rims).

So you go in rf2 settings, and adujst the maximum you want to press your pedal.
    You then go to the wheel settings pressing the little button and adjust the AS setting.
    Be carefull with theses adjustements as it can mess everything up (for exemple don't put any spring as rf2 manages it own spring effect ...)

3. thuGG

thuGG Registered

EDIT:
    Hmm, I just read that you already tried Fanaleds.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  4. gagipro

gagipro Registered

HO dear, I just saw that you don't own the CSW as I do, so, I don't think there is a way to adjust the amount of pedal pressed to rumble...
    perhaps in fanaleds but I think this fanaled software is for the wheel base and not the pedal separatly.

Perhaps you can ask Fanatec in german language and post back what they replied on this forum ?

5. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Fanaleds would be the correct way to control it, but in my experience so far, it will not control the Clubsport pedals properly absent a CSW wheel. I first got my CSP V2's when I was still using a CSR for the wheel, nothing made the brake rumble work in-game; only the driver's own test could make the motor run.

As soon as I got my CSW, it began to work. All this, bear in mind, is with the pedals connected separately from the wheel. So to me, illogical. Personally I would try speaking to the developers of Fanaleds--- they seem to update it pretty actively. Fanaleds is not written by Fanatec themselves; it's a different outfit.

6. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thanks for the replies guys. Since I have not planned on buying the Fanatec wheel, I guess I will have to live with the factthat the pedals are just pedals as any other. Might as well go back to using my G25 pedals then.

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Like you, I am using G25 and Fanatec Clubsport Elite V2 pedals. The brake vibration does not work in any game for me as well. Though, when I test it in the fanatec software, it does work.

So it must be that we have a different wheel....

Having said that, I do prefer the Fanatec Clubsport Elite V2 pedals then my G25 modded pedals (I had GTEYE on them which where pretty good!).

Maybe we should log this with Fanatec.

8. thuGG

thuGG Registered

What? So you bought CSP only for vibrating brake?
    CSP are in every way better than G25/G27.

9. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

That's normal.
    The vibration does not work unless you are using a Fanatec wheel with the pedals.
    There was a plugin floating around a while back but apparently there were issues with it working properly.

10. Spadge

Spadge Registered

My understanding was that the rumble on the CSP only works if you have them plugged into a Fanatec wheel.

I still haven't got mine properly set up yet so I don't know what the difference between using ABS % on the wheel and setting the rumble with Fanaleds is. I suspect one feeds back ABS kicking in and the other feeds back wheels locking up under braking.

11. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

I don't think you'll notice that kind of difference. They're too similar to distinguish with both turned on... Hell, for that matter, I have a hard time "feeling" the distinction between the setting in Fanaleds that has "nothing to do with pedal position" and the "other" ones--- none of them seem like they're feeding off the telemetry in some next-level way. In other words, if just one wheel locks before you've hit the "normal" threshold for shake to start, it won't shake to tell you of the abnormal locking. It still (for me) is in some way or another warning you about some particular level of brake pressure--- NOT what the wheels are doing. You can have them all locked and sliding like crazy, but if that is lower than the shake threshold you set, no shake happens.

Anyway, for my money the wheel-rim shakers are too weak to meaningfully feel them anyway. I keep my FF levels turned right up, and I feel that the wheel-rim motors are almost unfeelable under the very powerful FFB motors doing their thing. It's like saying you might feel your phone vibrating in your pocket... as you scream into a turn at 100 miles an hour with your whole body and race rig shaking from the feedback forces. I sure can't pick it out in that scenario.

Try it, and I think you'll agree with me that you only really feel the wheel rim shake if nothing else much is going on--- never when the information would be critical.

12. Bose321

Bose321 Registered

Fanaleds works fine without a wheel. You should be able to use it without a Fanatec wheel if you just plug it via USB. It should work if Fanaleds recognizes the pedals.

If you're still having problems, please open a thread in the Fanaleds forum. I wouldn't expect any help on a forum that's not for this software.

I'm wondering where people got the information it's not working without a Fanatec wheel. It even says it works on the website itself. :)