Palm Beach 1.43

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miguelskaff, May 12, 2013.

1. miguelskaff

miguelskaff Registered

Hello guys,

Since I installed palm beach 1.43, it appears in the track list, but i can't select it to race. Does anyone have had this issue?

Thanks in advance.

2. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

To use V1.43 of Palm Beach you need to uninstall the F2 Mod, then uninstall V1 of palm beach, If I recall thats how I got it to show. Hope that helps. :)

3. elbo

elbo Registered

Removing f2 will work but if you want to keep f2 you can install pb 1.43 without removing the old one but you have to create a new vmod that includes the cars and the new track in order to use it.

4. miguelskaff

miguelskaff Registered

Thanks Elbo, i want to use F2 mod, in fact is one of my favorites, just that i don't know to create a vmod.

5. Tony

Tony Registered

This kind of helpful answer from Big Duke is exactly what I witter on about -

Why not have a: tracks & b: cars? ..install 'em & flippin' drive 'em!

Main reason why our league is still racing rF1 ..& that's plain bad news - I mean, aren't we the target customer?

Rant over.. I've taken my tablet, most else is cool :p

6. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Isn't this where they are headed? Seriously, I'm confused. I thought we were getting rid of the rfmod style co-dependant mods and moving to rfcmp individual style mods where you are merely installing a car OR a track not both.
    Right? Wrong? I'm confused.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Right lopsided, right AFAIK

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Right... :)

9. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Thanks guys! :)
    I head up a Fun Series in our league using rf2 and those who do not stay on top of it get confused easily... I don't want to add to it by telling them wrong. :p

10. Alesi

Alesi Registered

this system is so bad, it`s an headache for all...

11. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

The system is not bad
    ISI just do an update but there are still content that should change except that they have not yet done so and suddenly the formula2 is case-head with other versions.

Let them time ...

12. tjc

tjc Registered

The way I see it, it might be termed a "headache" if you do a lot of online as you may still need some of the older content for that but I`ve found that having the updates released as single components to be extremely easy to use and far from a "headache".

:)

13. elbo

elbo Registered

I hardly do any online because it is always the same, log on, find an interesting track/car combo, try to get on server, vmod calls for a track or more often a series of tracks which I don't care to download so I can't play...repeat this scenario three or four times, give up, play single player instead.

The headache caused by the introduction of the new palm beach and lack of corresponding update on f2 has nothing to do with whether you play online or not.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

True... personally I can live without certain tracks/cars until they are updated and working correctly so therefor no headache but I know others will want to use them.

Everything will get there with a little bit of time.

15. Duvel

Duvel Registered

it's very true. I've stopped joining ISR servers now because they throw too many tracks on, changing each week nearly, some that are really poor, too.

In my humble opinion it really hurts rf2 that there is no quality control with these popular servers, but hey, this is just my personal preference.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1

And sadly, most people are on these ISR servers. What they include in their vmods is just brainless.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I found a long time ago that with this system, just a couple tracks that are popular and/or relevant should be included but no more. Of course you can include ISI tracks with any vmod (you have to assume everyone has those) but even there, the latest round of ISI track updates cause some problems.

IMHO the very lowest bar I set for any track is whether it has realroad. No realroad, I won't even install it.