After May 9-10th update of tracks/cars, I haven't been able to play anymore

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by cosimo, May 11, 2013.

1. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Not sure what's happening here. Build 198.
    Everything worked like a charm since I installed RF2 a month ago.
    Updated the crap out of everything, downloaded lots of mods, everything was fine.
    Last time everything worked was just before updating all newly released tracks and cars from May 9th and 10th,
    I was playing with a F2 car in Spa. Awesome race.

Then, an hour ago I tried playing RF2 after having updated those cars and tracks. Wanted to try the new FR35.
    Everything works up to the Pit "monitor screen".

When I click on the "Race" button, RF2 crashes, and I'm back to the Desktop.
    This is on Win8, if that even matters.

I tried multiplayer online races, nothing, crashes in the same way, but it doesn't even get to the pit screen in that case.
    Trying changing cars and/or tracks, to select those I had before the update, but it doesn't matter really. Nothing works anymore.

I tried uninstalling the new mods to bring back the situation to before the updates, but no luck either.

Please can anyone help?

2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Sorry I can't help but I have a similar issue where on the loading screen the loading bar fills up and then the game crashes. Six, full reinstallations and tried every combination of resolution and graphics setting possible, Nothing.

Worked fine before, about a month a go, last I played.

3. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Ok, so I managed to make one step forward.

I uninstalled all mods that referred any of the updated tracks or cars.
    That means that now:
    1) The game works again
    2) I can only play historics (60's cars and tracks) more or less.

I see no way to play with the updated FR35 car, since the ISI FR35 mod pulls the old versions.
    Am I misunderstanding something here?

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can play with the FR35 mod with any of the released single component tracks. Using all cars/all tracks I believe.

5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

FFFUUUUU... if it was the "RFACTOR ALL" mod, then I just deleted it thinking it was something I downloaded from online servers...
    FFFUUUUU again.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Didn't know it could be deleted. It is normally at the top when you are in the mod selection screen. I don't think it appears in the mod manager.

7. cosimo

cosimo Registered

You're right. It cannot be deleted. The one I deleted, "RFACTOR ALL", was indeed some mod downloaded from online servers.
    So yes, reselecting "All cars and tracks" button from the top of the series selection allows to race with the updated FR35.

So this is fixed :)

Fantastic the new FR35!! :)

8. snelle

snelle Registered

me 2 not working after de opdate

[​IMG]

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

glad you got it sorted :)

10. rer8

rer8 Registered

I have spent the morning attempting to find the faulty file. I have learned that with any of the individual files listed...
    Monte Carlo 1966 Ver 1.46
    1960s World Class Racing 1.0
    1960s World Class Racing 1.46
    FIA Formula Two Championship 2012 Ver 1.0
    GT World Endurance Championship 1.0
    SRPL_1960

installed the program crashes to the Desktop (CTD)

I was unable to track this to a common denominator but like the Original post (cosimo) I have had problems since the recent updates. Tying tracks and cars together in mods exacerbates the trouble shooting process. In other words it is very difficult as a user to determine what file is messing the game up. I know that this is a sore subject, but the recent updates shine a bright light on this conundrum.

11. JGraf

JGraf Registered

many things you have are now obsolete content.
    the old beta test mods are being replaced with individual components.

1960s World Class Racing 1.0 = no longer available for download.
    it has been replaced with single car components.

1960s World Class Racing 1.46 = this is a virtual mod (ISI vmod) it only works with the new single car components.

GT World Endurance Championship 1.0 = no longer available for download.
    it has been replaced with single car components.

SRPL_1960
    = obsolete vmod.

FIA Formula Two Championship 2012 Ver 1.0 = still current.

also, tracks that were built into the obsolete rfmods are re-released as single components.

out with the old, in with the new.
    just like in racing, keep up or be left behind! no offense intended. ( :

12. ceSniper

ceSniper Registered

so to play with a racing sim you have to follow infinite posts, learn how to use a bunch of beta stuff, install, re install, de install and read some more posts and then on top of it all read this kind of "smart" comments from other users which say that somehow that is the cool/modern way to do it or we are going to be left behind?? gimme a break.
    I can´t disagree with you more, since according to this statement, now we all have to be some kind of computer engineers to play a driving sim...
    Is that the new way of playing games? do it yourself by reading posts? it doesn´t sound to me as groundbreaking stuff or a tendency to follow....
    in worst case scenario, that kind of "smart" comment should be aimed to ISI, not the paying user who demands a working product (crazy demand huh?) like other similar companies offer....

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
  13. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

My advice is to not download mods which are not yet available in component form. Like Formula 2 and Racing School. Just download all content released in components and wait for the other ones to be updated into components.

14. JGraf

JGraf Registered

your really in no position to demand anything from isi but a refund, and Complaints@rFactor.net is a complaint option.
    save me your anger, i only offered a user assistance.

15. ceSniper

ceSniper Registered

user assistance? lol

not gonna comment further on your "assistance" the most is that you seem like a good clerk....

16. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Whether the sytem is right or wrong the advice was perfectly good for the current state of the software.

At the moment we have some content in Components and some in Series so there is bound to be confusion.

tbh it's not rocket science and if you can't manage it you come here and ask for help and maybe learn something new in the process.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You don't have to learn how to use beta stuff, you have to learn how NOT to keep using it. And to remove it.

We are replacing the large rfmod files, with single component rfcmp files. Rather than downloading 3 rfmod files, which bundle together track a, car a, car b, then another which updates just one of them, then another which updates something else, you now have 1 car in an rfcmp. 1 track in an rfcmp. You download what you want, and you use it. We've removed the out of date files from the downloads page, because they are out of date. We're certainly not going to remote connect to everyone's machine and make sure they have what we want them to have, so yes, there is a certain element of do it yourself.

Computer engineering? Hardly. You put a file in a specific place. You run a management utility, and you select then choose what to do with that file (install/uninstall/verify/delete). It's very, very simple.

There is obviously confusion on your part from the fact that you have come in while the old rfmod content is still being phased out. If you want to come back later, and are still within your 30 day purchase window, ask for a refund. If you want to stick around, please do so, and everyone will happily try to help you if you're ever confused, which is all I think people were doing.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can you check that you didn't get a corrupted installation of the Mills 1.4 track?

19. ceSniper

ceSniper Registered

swimming in dollars huh? I´ve been around since the first night you released the first build, so much longer than 30 days, but I admit I´m getting more and more deattached from this sim...of course, is all my fault, you are doing everything right....i´ll keep checking on progress as I´ve been doing for the last few months

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  20. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I had the same problem, i solved it by uninstalling all virtual mods.