Stuttering but at 3 tracks only ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, May 11, 2013.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Which did it? The +highprio or disabling the mirrors?

2. funkstardeluxe

funkstardeluxe Registered

disabling the mirrors in portugal did the trick for me, with the Megane and the Eve F1

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes the mirrors for me too. Spark F2.

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I know this post is a little off topic but since I had some annoying problems with my gtx670 I've learned many things about over and in my case underclocking of nvidia cards.

To all SLI users. I have read some post in www.overclock.net that microstuttering in SLI mode can caused from different gpu speed specially with gtx 6xx due the boost logic from this cards. There are many users that turn off the boost and set the cards to fixed gpu speed to ensure both cards work with same speed.

I do not use SLI but I had some thermal issues with my GTX670 (not with rF2 but every time in bf3). With nvidia inspector it is possible to put the card away from the default P0 mode in to P2 mode. In this mode the card works without boost but if you set gpu clock speed to higher fixed frequency they result in benchmarks was the same or better and solved the different boosts.

For me the solution was to lower the power and thermal target since I've done this my card works stable in bf3 too. (bf3 and crysis3 are the best benchmarks to bring a gpu to his borders) :D

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

If you are using vsync@60fps, if your hardware cannot deliver 60+ the fps will be halfed (30fps) but still show as 60fps - could give stutters.

6. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

I have tried both with SLI enabled and disabled (I always run with vsync on @ 60Hz), and got stutters in both cases for these tracks.
    It was only till I disabled mirrors for these tracks did the problem go away.
    I think it is an issue with the track, must be alot of objects coming into "rendering view" that bottlenecks the gfx card.

7. elbo

elbo Registered

For me at Portugal, turning off enviro reflection does the trick to cure microstutters. On other problematic circuits shutting down HDR helps.

8. rodger

rodger Registered

Seems that turning off the mirrors works.

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Then it's because your FPS drops below 60

10. rodger

rodger Registered

Yeah could be but how come it only stutters at Portugal evry other track is silky smooth?
    I'll try and play around with some of my settings and see if I can figure it out. So far turning off mirrors seems to work.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

^ I agree with Rodger's questions. While ensuring >60 FPS may stop the stuttering (I am not confirming this, BTW), that doesn't explain why other tracks don't get stuttering <60 FPS. Agree?

12. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

I am convinced it is the tracks themselves.
    Maybe if they are optimized (reduced texture size, or re-configuring objects at those corners) then stuttering will go away.
    Same thing happens at Monaco, with track details on Full.