Only 1 of 2 graphic processors recognised in rFactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fivethreefived, May 10, 2013.

1. fivethreefived

fivethreefived Registered

I purchased rFactor 2, and the only way to make it run smoothly is by lowering all video settings to "off" of "low".
    I noticed in the config screen of the launcher that only the graphic processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 is mentioned. No trace at all of the Nvidia GeForce GT 550 M that is also installed.

I have also installed the demo of rFactor 1, and when running the rfconfig.exe, the Nvidia GeForce GT 550 M is visible, but not the Intel HD Graphics 3000! But that is of course not really a problem.

Can anyone help me to get rFactor 2 working with the Nvidia processor instead of Intel?

Thanks

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

3. fivethreefived

I am aware of the settings of the graphic processors, but still I can't make rFactor2 run with Nvidia. It's not a problem with rFactor, but it is with rFactor2. The config window always and only shows "Intel HD Integrated graphics" and it runs very slowly, although in the Nvidia control panel I forced the program to use Nvidia. I can't see a way to change it.

4. BerJupiler

BerJupiler Registered

Why dont you disable the Intel HD Graphics 3000 in the bios

5. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'm guessing fivethreefived is using a laptop so it might be selectively flipping between IG and the GPU to save power when complex 3D graphics aren't needed.

6. fivethreefived

It's indeed a laptop.
    But why does it assign the Nvidia to rFactor and the Intel Integrated to rFactor2? I would at least have expected the contrary.