Updated/Released car content (1.4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 9, 2013.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

Any chance of putting the T-cam back where its always been? The new view is horrendous.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

I agree... it`s not the best really. Looks far too far "forward" imo.

3. elbo

elbo Registered

ISI, your componet/mod systems was/is a major pain in the back side...I realized this even more with these updates as I hunted throught the damn component/mod tree looking to delete stuff that was not relavent anymore (ie. mills old version, ect.) and then had to find the mods that were using the stuff I was trying to delete...mostly because I am not sure that I can install the latest version of say the 370z without first deleting the old one...maybe I can, maybe I can't, I don't know because you don't tell us this explicitly...so any ways can i suggest a button on that uninstall menu that says YOU CAN NOT UNINSTALL MOD X BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING A,B,C ARE USING IT. DO YOU WANT TO DELETE A, B, AND C. End of story and less frustration for an end user just trying to run some damn races.

I've said it before, love your sim, hate the way you are implementing mods...
    So just to be sure here...unless i uninstall the williams f2 I cannot race the palm beach update correct or am i doing something wrong

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
  4. tjc

tjc Registered

Why not just make backups of your Packages and any other folders/files you may want to keep and do a complete uninstall then re-install of the latest build. (Removing anything left in your rf2 root folder as you`ll have backups of anything you may need)

Then just copy over any older content (if needed) and download or copy over all the latest versions of the single component files... IE Mills v1.43, Portugal v1.43 etc to your new Packages and drive...

Mod Manger tells you what mods use what versions of tracks etc so that`s quite easy to understand too...

5. frankwer

frankwer Registered

The game crashed for me once a track was loaded and it was about to load the cars. I couldn`t fix it, until i uninstalled all vmods and it worked fine. And this happened with the latest car updates. It`s gonna be a mess, but u can`t say that here anymore.

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Did you get past the loading screen? nothing I do gets past the loading screen. Been trying for 3 days.

7. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

The SLS Safety-Car looks pretty good. I just can guess how great a GT3 Version of the SLS would be in rF2.

Anyway, many thanks and praise for latest Car and Tracks Updates to ISI. It shows a nice step in the right direction. Now i looking forward to the next (Core-)Build.

8. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I think Mr. T gave a hint when talking about driving the safety car. A GT3 spec would be awesome.

Also want to thank ISI for an awesome fruit of the month sim. Something new or updated almost monthly, I think the GT-R is now my new fav. Thing is a beasty, pulled a 49.4 at LRP uphill chicane and there is more in it.

9. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

GT3 SLS......now that would be awesome.

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Mmmm, I probably did something wrong here. Using only the Mod manager (I never do deletion directly in directories), I uninstalled all old Mod having old Cars/Tracks. So currently I only have the 1960 new vmod 1.46 and the Racing School 1.0 to keep the Skippy. As component I have all ISI ones released as component (I checked through the Download Page). Now, for all tracks the Safety car is a Formula "something" red and black (I think from 3.5, not sure) and I lost all tires sounds like the squeezing one (E.g. when I lock brakes or turn too quickly).

If you don't have any ideas what's went wrong, I think I'll wait few days for all other individual component to come out and I will do a fresh installation of rF2.

BTW, I can drive all cars on all tracks uing last versions. Great improvement from Physics to Graphics including new sounds. Congrats ISI Team! :)

Edit: Ok, the new fresh installation was made and now I retrieved all sounds :) Also the Safety car is now the Clio one like previously (I never saw the SLS BTW, perhaps it's normal).

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  11. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

12. indebin

indebin Registered

When will the updated versions of FIA F2, Skip-Barber and Formula ISI be released. Only interested in modern open wheelers. RF2 getting better and better.

13. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Any news on this ? I was trying to build a vmod for my league but cannot with the f3 due to no teams selected ..

Ok never mind i found the thread in Tec ..

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  14. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I`ve eventually managed to get some laps done with the updated GTR and 370z and really liked how they felt on track. Quite a difference imo from the previous versions but I suppose that`s kinda the point.

The GTR felt more connected to me and after only a few laps I found I was driving it much better, doing more consistent lap times and most of all I was having much more fun driving it than I did before, as it was a car that I could lap with before but always felt I could do better with and now (so far) I seem to be... Win!

The 370z also felt much better to me, again quite different imo to what it was before. I found it slightly more of a challenge to drive consistently quick than the GTR though but then I did less laps with it too.

I`ve only tried these two cars so far from the updated content but it`s easy to see and feel the differences that have come along with the updated content and definitely heading in the right direction imo... good stuff.

Now, onto the other updates. :)

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

So to summarize the GTR is better because it is easier and the 370 is good because it's harder. Sounds to me like any direction ISI heads in is the right direction.

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Pretty this!!!

17. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

depends:
    If before the update the GTR was to hard to drive an the 370 was to easy to drive, then both can feel right after the update ...

18. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I've experienced tire flatspots effecting the ffb. Is this new? (Megane)

For now I only saw the visual effect changing from build to build...

maybe I just don't remember correct... ?

19. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Flatspot interaction with FFB came back with the last build, when visible tire wear returned. It even goes further than that--- I found that the flatspot is not just physically modeled so you feel it, no... it's not just got a decal that changes the color where the flatspot is; no, not done yet... If you give an open-wheeler a serious flatspot and carefully roll the tire around until you're looking at it edge-on, you can actually see the physical deformation of the tire at the flat-spot. It is actually flat there; completely modeled and visible.

I was impressed with that.

20. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thy Isarmann. Will have a look at that.