OT: Load Cell brake Mod for T500rs coming soon.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by perplex, May 8, 2013.

1. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Not for me.

2. perplex

perplex Registered

fire up rfactor2 and watch the inputs in the control menu. hold the throttle pedal on 100% and release it very slowly you will see there is huge lag.
    i guess its because the pedals are connect to the wheel with a telephone cable rofl ...

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

But I thought if you don't connect the pedals to the wheel then you will not get full resolution? Or is that just fanatec ones?

Fanatec pedals plug into the wheel with the phone line style cords too, weird, until Fanatec and then Thrustmaster I never seen any devices using phone cords.

What version wheel and pedals do you have? It should say on the bottom of your wheel and pedals.....

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I think I made a mistake, I said Fanatec pedals also connect to the wheel with phone style cords but I may have made a mistake, that may be wrong.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

they can do.

6. PaulG

PaulG Registered

I'm pretty sure that's because the first pedal press is calibration. It shouldn't do that with every press.

And back on topic, I find the skateboard bushings from the Basher mod to work fantastic. If you wanna lock the brakes, you really have to mash down.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm having a tough time between the John Bodin 35 Kg load cell T500RS brake mod or the Clubsport V2 pedals. What you guys think?

8. patrod

patrod Registered

Clubsport V2 pedals:)

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I've heard a few conplaints of clubsport pedals with spiky inconsistent brake readings, where it jumps around and stuff.... Anyone??

10. cosimo

cosimo Registered

This!

I bought the Basherboards T500 brake mod, installed it last night and the feel is so much better than the Thrustmaster realistic brake mod!
    So simple solution and so effective. I used the 60 durometer bushings for now.

11. cookie

cookie Registered

I've been using a homemade Basherboards T500 brake mod for a least 12 months got the bushings from the local skate shop. It's made my braking really precise the only downfall is i had to clean the potentiometer twice because of the limited travel not moving the pot much.

12. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Maybe a stopgap measure, still so simple, cheap and effective, I love it! Makes applying braking force very consistent.

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Don't forget these which are half the price of Dereks: http://www.protosimtech.com/

14. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Although I've switched to fanatec pedals. ...I highly recommend the ricmotech load cell mod for the t500 pedals.

15. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

These look great. I guess they aren't more popular because they aren't expensive enough. :p