activation period

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishHERO, May 7, 2013.

1. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

For all of us who didn't buy the fill license how long are we going to have left after the game releases in 2014?

gonna be real pissed if i have to buy another license by the time the game releases!

2. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

i bought license when beta version start, and they wrote, that game will be release in next 6 months, now my activation finishing (after 18 months) and end of this theatre we cant see

i plan something like group petition to The Office of Fair Trading if this situation doesnt change
    many of us will want get back our money

3. DocJones

DocJones Registered

As you say you bought rF2 at the beginning of beta testing, the 'one year subscription' does not even start until June. So you won't have to buy a new subscription until June, 2014.

And @ scottishHERO: you don't have to 'buy another license', you just renew your subscription which is $12 a year.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Huh? Who is going to have to buy another license? That's not how anything works.

You don't have to do anything else if you don't want to, and you'll have access to all the updates and content, which you can install manually and race offline. If you want to race online, provided you purchased before January, you'll have to pay $12 per year, starting in June 2014. But that is your option.

5. 88mphTim

lol, no we didn't. There was an estimation of the beta lasting that long, and we're not in that anymore. Your activation isn't finishing. Your activation will NEVER end. Your online access will in June, 2014. That's actually 2.5 YEARS you got.

Please find a new source of information. Your current one is clearly incorrect.

6. bander

bander Registered

me, so I understand

7. scottishHERO

scottishHERO Registered

12$ a year is good ... went out and got a ferrari 430 wheel for this game... but when will it be ready ? thats my main beef

8. 88mphTim

It depends what you consider ready? As in bugfixes and general improvements? They will happen with every build we release. If you are waiting for a specific feature or piece of content to be 'finished', well that's difficult to answer, as both content and features will be added, then updated freely for the entire lifetime of the product. For some people, rF2 is ready now, they can use it and none of the things which annoy some annoy them, for others, those things affect them too much to say it's ready... If you want to write a list I can try to answer either soon or not soon perhaps..

9. MrWalton

MrWalton Registered

List Start:

Tyre Model
    Rain Model
    Wiper
    anti Cheating
    no flying Cars after crash

10. 88mphTim

The tire model was last advanced with the last build.
    The rain model was last advanced with the last build.
    Wipers are advanced when you get the next one (hopefully).
    Anti-cheating has always been present, and a hole is being fixed with next build.
    Flying cars will always happen in a sim to some extent, but bugs which cause that are fixed with every build.

So everything on your list is actively worked on, has been worked on, will be worked on.

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

- Replays that work and show graphics and fidelity with at least rF1 quality.
    - Much better UI, especially online (rF1`s UI is better).
    - real-road thats more configurable (slider 0-100%) and works in real time, not accelerated (actually slider for real-road build-up speed would be nice as well), different kind of tire making different amount of build-up, i.e. 1960 tires - minimum build up, f1 2013 tires - maximum. Not every race (race weekend) in real life starts on absolutely green track! In fact the opposite, its minority.
    - revised collision model, to a level of at least rF1. In a 5 year career as admin of numerous rF1 champs I never seen inadequate collisions and cars flying, such as present in rF2 today
    - easier command interface for admin on server (to assign ballast, to configure starting grid easily, to assign or delete penalties from selected players)
    - weather thats easy to configure for server (today its very hard, very basic interface), and weather thats is actually realistically working: temperatures, humidity and wind affecting car physics like in real life. Track wetness actually acting realistically on tire grip at any levels.
    - more intelligent and configurable pace-car for races online on road courses.
    - finalized tire model in a sense that every important parts simulated (pressure, wear, temperatures, cambers, different compounds etc). There is doubts right now thats all that is connected and simulated in full detail, because we get no info ever on this... Same for car suspension, engine, brakes.
    ... I definitely forgot something, there is many more...

I thought all this must be in a 1.0 version of rF2. I suppose it will not happen, sadly.

I`m not saying anything about sound, graphics, damage model, pit-stop animations, additional content - all this is secondary, and may be added through years.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
  12. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

i like collision model actually. its always nice when even after an race ending crash u're laughing :D

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Please no 0-100% slider for track grip/rubbering, we need more configurable options for track rubbering, yes definitely, but please not an actual 0-100% level.

14. Miro

Miro Registered

Next one what? Build?
    Are you serious, do we get raindrops? Really? With the next build?
    Is this a hint or am I wrong?

C'mon Tim, tell me please.

15. 88mphTim

There are various rain effect changes. Rain DROPS on the screen though, I don't think so yet, no. If that's what he meant, then I misunderstood.

16. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I expect a 12 month online after the gold release because that's what I bought.

correct me if I'm wrong

17. 88mphTim

rF2 does not have a gold release, and never was intended to. If you want to use the literal term, gold will be if we ever ship it to DVD, which in the case of rF1 took three years AFTER release. If you expected four years free using the rF1 example, you were mistaken. We may never ship rF2 to DVD at all.

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I think all is good as long as ISI markets product heavily by June so there is online racing to be had as today not enough action because haven't marketed yet.

19. Miro

Miro Registered

Got it, thx. :)

20. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

so when the beta came out what did isi meant with "6 months (beta) + 12 months subscription" ? it's just to be clear