About to give up with Reinstall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ihamptonii, May 5, 2013.

1. ihamptonii

ihamptonii Registered

I keep getting the Core UI v1.0 message. I updated from build 146 which was fine. I did an uninstall from control panel, but apparently this is not enough. Tech support did rest my account, so I am ok in that department. How do I do a re-install? I am lost. Went to core file and looked for some type of corruption but found nothing.

Can someone from the community please give me a step by step solution to this. Really like Rfactor 2, and never had any problems until this build up date.

2. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Do you have the latest version of the core installer? Think its 198.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... what I do every new build is backup any folders or files I want to keep (Packages, UserData etc) then uninstall rf2 completely through control panel etc then go to my rf2 install folder and delete any folders in there as I have the ones I want to keep backed up as I`ve said.

Reboot.

Install rf2 again. (I have everything installed to my SIMS drive with everything for rf2 in my rf2 > bxxx folder... Core is in there too although I know others install this folder to a different location.)

I then copy over my backed up folders/files - Player File - Controller File etc. (Changes may be made to the Player file with a new build so might be a good idea to let rf2 create another one sometimes too)

With b198 all I put in my Packages folder was the updated content and single components, for now I`ve chosen to leave all the non updated stuff out until it gets updated or made into single components but if you want to drive online you may need to install other mods etc too.

Once I have what I want in my Packages folder I then install it through the Mod Manager and drive.

This method has worked for me with every build so far and rarely have I come across any problems...

5. ihamptonii

ihamptonii Registered

Hello and thanks for the help. I am still working the issue.
    Below is my core UI file. Does yours look like this. I deleted from control panel. Reinstalled but still get core UI file missing or damaged message.

[Component]
    Name=Core UI
    Version=1.0
    Type=11
    Origin=0
    Category=1957392440
    ID=1.0
    URL=1.0
    Desc=1.0
    Flags=2
    RefCount=1
    Signature=ebff842c55fe9a7ce8c885d3eaea3e9f194e522a64a7233c16ade84c0875964a
    MASFile=Core.mas b096dd24245dccc5e532811ebfa2a5be803ca8df212a47dfa31a0231a0722583