Driving standards question, regarding online crash.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by martymoose, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spadge

Spadge Registered

And their forums are at least just as full of whining as this one is :p

2. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Just to show my spacial awareness cant be all that bad here is a video with a full field of crazy AI starting center mid pack and surprisingly not getting taken out by them all or me wrecking them all. Same with all my other online racing so I dont think I am the one that needs more awareness even though I was limited in what I could see.

Nobody needs over the top sterile racing but some reasonable respect for others should be given I think. And regarding the Senna quote most guys use after they wreck someone, Senna was the best I dont think some guy causing so many incidents in so few laps could be considered anything close to that as they are so far away from a true champion its an insult to Senna. If Senna drove like this guy did that race then anything he would have said would not be quoted today as he would be a nobody and definitely not a multiple world champion.

3. martymoose

martymoose Registered

;)

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ayrton Senna

5. frankwer

frankwer Registered

"By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. I race to win as long as I feel it's possible. Sometimes you get it wrong? Sure, it's impossible to get it right all the time. But I race designed to win, as long as I feel I'm doing it right."

Ayrton Senna

6. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Here is another Ayrton Senna quote:

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."

You can fly very high indeed, experienced it a 100++ times in rF2 online races.

7. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Yeah, but they are working on fixing the collision physics so that doesn't happen as much.

8. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Watch the video again and see if the driver following me could be compared with Ayrton Senna or not, I was sure it wasnt a race driver behind me. I also knew I would soon be in a wall when and where were the only questions as the first pass attempt was a complete shocker as were all his others that race and an Insult to try and justify his moves with Ayrton's great name and reputation.

If Ayrton was behind you there would be no worry about your race ending very soon the only thing certain is that he wont be behind you for long, if your lucky you get to see his magic as he goes by but the chances are he'd pass without you even seeing it coming. So many others on that same server showed some real skill and car control but not this guy in this race.

9. martymoose

martymoose Registered

This must prove my greatness then :D

10. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Martymoose: LOL, you have reached new heights....no doubt about that.

11. martymoose

martymoose Registered

If all else fails with RF2 at least ISI have a great new launch platform to get satellites into orbit.

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

^ gasoline powered too.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Where`s the popcorn?

:)

14. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Marty, that was classic. I've been trying to perfect that since rF1 ;-)

15. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I wonder if its faster through the air then on the track? Imagine the shock a guy would get if you pulled off the aerial pass maneuver on the last turn snatching the win from 100m above with the other guy having no idea wtf just happened.

16. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

You're both terrible, and you should both FEEL terrible.

First accident : 50/50. Smithaz should exercise some self-preservation. You should exercise some not chopping the nose off of other drivers. It's sim racing. There's a reset button. 95% of accidents are just an excuse to piss and moan in public.

Second accident : Smithaz outbroke himself. Welcome to amateur racing. Welcome to sim racing.

Now I'll go back and read these MartyMoose novels and probably punch myself in the face, and change all my answers to "Everything wrong in the world is because of you."

17. smithaz

smithaz Registered

well said marat

18. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Well the odd mistake is expected if you see the video and how many times the guy made the same elementary mistake of locking up and taking out other cars I think his driving standards were rubbish. Anyone can make a mistake but to do the same thing over and over again taking out half the field with one crash per lap over 5 laps is the main reason people avoid racing in public servers, however apart from this one guy everyone else was really driving nice and fairly.

Not sure how you meant that but I am reading it as everything wrong with the world is because of me? I couldn't care less if that's what you think but funny conclusion of yours and thanks for your valuable input as such comments really added so much to this thread which you already say is terrible. Thanks for raising the standards up a notch or 2 with your great wisdom and insight and maybe now you can go and punch yourself in the face.

Quite funny how your happy for others to get insulted and even applaud this sort of comment when you come crying to me in PM's that you were insulted. If you drive like a moron you should have a thicker skin then that but good luck to you anyway and please dont bother to PM me again as I am well and truly over your rubbish.

19. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I thought marat's comment was a good take on the issue. I'll see you on track in future anyway, we'll settle it there. Attempting to engage in sensible discussion with you is not going to get anywhere.

20. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Agreeing with the post above by saying well said means you agree with it all or again you turn things around. Show respect for others on track and everyone will have a more pleasant experience, if winning is so important to you that you couldn't care if you ruin others experience on the way then good luck to you and hope you feel good about your hollow victories.

To reply to the "all things wrong with the world" I think the attitude of win at all cost and cheat or steal to get ahead is actually what is wrong with the world today. No idea why you would even bring that up as its so far off topic but at least I will defend myself to such a ridiculous comment. This is completely the opposite to my attititude and more the attitude shown by the other guy so maybe Marat is just pitching in to fight a battle after someone went crying to them for some help lol.

I'm done with this thread, let you all go out and wreck yourselves to victory then start threads wondering why nobody wants to race against you online. Then wonder why I racing has such large numbers of people willing to spend much more money to race online where people actually give each other respect on track. Sure noons will crash but those that think they are beyond that point should lead by example or you can just race amongst yourselves in tiny fields and short races as nobody can last more then a few laps due to the rubbish driving standards considered acceptable.

Smithaz I would really rather not see you on track again as I'd like to be able to complete some laps without being wrecked anytime you get near as you have no idea how to get around people cleanly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.