cmon play online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gtsr69, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Does sound a bit rough, we have a requirement that members use TS but one, this is on a passworded server. and two, we would not kick out someone who for whatever reason may not have comms, yes we would expect that to be put right ASAP but to kick someone off an open server...:rolleyes:

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

League admins ruined rfactor2.....:p

I'm just waiting tbh, my league is still very much involved in rf1 championships and there is no incentive from the members to move over to rf2 as of yet, even our off-season rf2 fun events are not very popular. yet, 80% have rf2 already.

I think, apart from old pc's and the fact that rf2 is still beta and the fact that we will see a flood a new content once rf2 gets released, apart from that, its more about community-push.
    There is no real push yet, everyone is awaiting stuff, , prolly checking rf2 out offline. Once things kick off others will join in because for most online players its very important what others are doing, you know, your friends, league members and cyber buddies. or join in because suddenly all of the above people are now occupying the servers.

And imo leagues play a big part in this, and you canot simply tell your members ''ok guise, we are no longer rf1, from now on we use rf2'' , that's not how it works, its the member-push that dictates the direction of the league. Get no push, there's no game. And in beta-stage there is no reason to push rf2 yet.
    Equally the same for the rf2 community, the user-push that dictates the direction of rf2 ad so far we are not ready yet as a whole.
    Certainly not the serious simmers mainly interested in good online racing, there is hardly any reason to join online unless its league-based.

And its a good thing imo that rf2 beta ''seems'' challenged online, all the more reason for ISI to monitor this (and they most likely are) and come up with something that is going to help this once the sim gets released. I would not be surprised if we will get some epic new content and updates on release, just to push the whole community into get cracking.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

rF2 left beta in January. rF1 took years to get up to speed. There isn't going to be a magic date where rF2 suddently dominates. It is going to take time. I would say the main hold up right now is content and people thinking their systems can't handle it. The content managment system isn't the hold up. It isn't that hard to use despite what people try to tell you. An hour or two of trial and error with MAS2 and you should be good to go.

The servers will fill up as leagues start switching to rF2. The league I race with is ditching rF1 (I personally think this is a bad move) and going with iRacing until content starts to pick up in rF2. Most people in the league want to stay with rF1 but the admin is "bored" of rF1. :rolleyes:

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ouch, that could become painful :/

We tried iracing for 2 years as a league alongside rf1 but it just was not good enough a league-based sim. Last time was 2011 and I believe they improved the system since then to cater for leagues? I hope it works out though, but its gonna be tough to force people into something.

5. DeM

DeM Registered

Kalispera nikos , a great site will sign up when i get to the home

6. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Is this some kind of a "Bring Your Own Punctuation" party?

7. tjc

tjc Registered

lol!

:D

8. JWE

JWE Registered

Our league, SimRace Vereniging Nederland, ditched rF1 in July 2012 (!). For the people with old computers we already had RACE 07 and we still use it today for them. But rF2 changed our races a lot, it is much more fun. Rain, green track etc. The only problem we have is the contactmodel, but the good thing from that thing is that we have seen a lot less incidents :p

Sure, making mods costs some more time for the staff, but for the members it's quite good. Since rF2 the number of drivers has been up. Our Clio-championship is now full, 30 drivers. Swithing to iRacing has never been an option, because of the costs.