Can't select Series in Dev mode

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Wili, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Wili

Wili Registered

Hi, I did all the steps to put Renault Clio car into Dev Mode:
    ( http://isiforums.net/f/showwiki.php?title=rF2+how+to+get+ISI+car+to+mod+mode )
    I also tried to add a car ready to go with Dev mode ( http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6917-Volvo300-(WIP)/page2 )

When selecting a CAR I just see two rTrainers; If I select SERIES the screen displays "TMOD", "Renault Clio" and Volvo300" for half a second and then all three disappear at once and I cannot select any Series; is that happening to anybody else? thanks in advance!

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes happens to me as well so I just deleted the mod specific RFMs and just used an 'All Tracks & Cars' one instead. Only downside is because there's no list view in dev mode, cycling through the cars in the spinner can get tedious depending on how many cars/teams you have.

3. Wili

Wili Registered

Thanks for the reply!
    I extracted allcarstracks_10.mas into rFactor2\ModDev\rFm folder and delete all the others, but there isn't any car in the car selection window, I cannot select any track neither; the only way Is working is using the TestingMOD.rfm.
    I tried to put only Volvo300.rfm and RENAULTCC_10.rfm into the ModDev\rFm folder with the same result, can't select any car/track.
    Do I need to do any changes to the allcarstracks_10.rFm file in order to work in DevMode?

4. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes you need to edit the 'ALL_TRACKS_AND_CARS_10.RFM', just need to edit the track and vehicle filter lines so top of the file looks like this :-
    Code:
    //[[gMa1.002f (c)2010    ]] [[            ]]
    Mod Name = All Tracks & Cars
    Mod Version = 1.0
    Track Filter = *
    Vehicle Filter = *

5. Wili

Wili Registered

It's working, thanks a lot! :D

6. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

Another workaround is to change the name of the rfm in the player.plr file.

Game Description="gt2.RFM" // The current rFactor game file (*.RFM) to load