Build 198 need suggestion

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by clev_juggler, Apr 24, 2013.

1. clev_juggler

clev_juggler Registered

I have problem with my rFactor toward the graphic and FPS.

My laptop specs are:
    ASUS Zenbook
    I5 3317U @1.70 GHz
    4.00 GB RAM
    Dual VGA:
    Intel HD 4000
    Nvidia Geforce GT 620M 1 GB (I use this card for rFactor2)

When I check on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri, my laptop specs are on the middle level of requirement therefore I expect to have low-medium configuration in the perfect condition.

The problem is whenever I minimize the graphic details to low-medium when I played about 15 - 30 minutes it became lag between frame which very disturbing during the play. Also it happened during the instant replay. But it didn't occurred when I turn on the AI driving mode.

Is there any issue or solution for this?

2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

3. bwana

bwana Registered

Lordpantsington !! hows thing DM??

been awhile. sorry OT .

4. clev_juggler

clev_juggler Registered

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Your CPU and your GPU are well below the minimum for rF2. You just plain need a more powerful system to play the game on.

6. Ken Barlow

Ken Barlow Registered

if the game is playing ok for 15mins?

then i would suspect heat being an issue

CPU isnt that old, I5 Mobile and the speed (1.7)might be an issue(capable of 2.6), but if its ok for upto 30mins ? then slows down, i would be looking /checking temps!

edit to add..

looking here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X_9aHhBIvo

those specs look good enuff to me.

7. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

The GPU he's got is a bit above performance of an 8600. Still rather low compared to a card designed for gaming (model# of *50 or higher), but above spec. Ken's thought seems very logical, heat might very well be the root issue, sort of a "CPU runs at full bore until it needs to throttle back in order to save itself from being nuked" thing. IIRC there was a way to turn that off.

My CPU is a 939 64x2, two things I've done to help before I overclocked from 2.2 to 2.6 GHz(with aftermarket cooling) is cut the number of cars shown, and disable replay recording. I would still get huge drops in fps, in traffic online, if there were more than 8 cars on track. I had everything on low, although graphics adjusting didn't really do much. Once I got my cpu running, I could bump a few things off the bottom. Hope that helps.