Released TrackMap 0.94beta for rFactor2.

Discussion in 'Other' started by fazerbox, Apr 21, 2013.

1. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

I figured out how to run TrackMap. You Need to copy d3d9.dll in rFactor2\Bin32

2. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

Don't forget the launcher, in the advanced tab to use for 32 bit :)

3. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

I love you man, srsly :eek:

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

...but it is a little bit a kind of castration, using rF2 with 32 Bit, while 64 Bit is available...

5. Greg 1704

Greg 1704 Registered

Today I mailed with Fazer.
    Here is his message
    Thanks Fazer

6. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

@ Juergen-BY You are right, but it is better then nothing. I never reached the 32bit limitations so far, but it will surely suck as soon as that happens one day

@ all
    After some trial and error and thanks to KILL BILL, here is a quick installation guide for the plugin for build 798 and the new file-structure it introduced

Copy the d3d9.dll and the TrackMapPlugin.ini (found in the core-folder in the zip-file) into ...\rFactor2\Bin32
    Next, copy the TrackMap folder and the TrackMapPlugin.dll (found in the plugins-folder in the zip-file) into ...\rFactor2\Bin32\Plugins as well as ...\rFactor2\Plugins (create that folder yourself) --- it has to be copied into both these destinations, otherwise it won't work

7. Axe

Axe Registered

thank you very much Dino it works for me now

8. MrJack

MrJack Registered

Yes, thank You Dino .. :)

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks Dino & Kill Bill. Maybe a small note: if you change something ingame wich affected to the trackmapconf.txt, you must copy the changed trackmapconf.txt to Bin32\Plugins\TrackMap, too.

10. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

It makes absolutely zero difference which one you use at this stage, and 32 bit enables the plugin, so it's a simple choice, really.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Argh, false hope sucks... haha, I just scanned through the last posts and automatically assumed someone had converted the plug-in or something... ;):rolleyes:

There are way too many advantages for me running 64 instead of 32 bit.
    The sim has never run so smooth.
    I'm not going to revert, even though I really need this plug-in again.

I wouldn't mind donating if that could help Fazer with the process of making the plug-in 64 bit.
    I don't know if a 64 bit dev tool is expensive..? I'm kinda clueless when it comes to programming and the likes. ;)

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

For me it makes a different of ~ 20 FPS and rF2 runs for me a lot of smoother with x64. But for our league races i guess i would use x86 because of trackmap...

13. Nasos Charalampou

Nasos Charalampou Registered

Really appreciate it guys thanks!

I had tried something similar but when track map loaded it only showed start lights the map and the drivers list.

Now it works like a charm!

14. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

TrackMap Plugin (32 bit) for rF2 Build 798:
    >Move d3d9.dll, TrackMapPlugin.ini from their original locations to rFactor2\Bin32 folder.
    >Move TrackMapPlugin.dll from its original location to rFactor2\Bin32\Plugins folder.
    >Keep the TrackMap folder in its original rFactor2\Plugins folder; it should NOT be moved to the Bin32\plugins folder
    >Finally, if you are running rF2 in a 64bit OS, tick the check box next to "Use 32 bit executable on 64 bit capable operating systems" in the Advanced tab of the launcher.

EDIT: I could have sworn that I had it running it with the legacy plugins folder empty last night, but obviously I was mistaken. You must in fact leave the TrackMap folder in its original location or rF2 32 bit will crash on launch. The above instructions are therefore revised. I apologize for misleading and hope nobody is frustrated trying to get it to work with my previous instruction!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks Deadpedal, very usefull informations!

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi,
    i did some tries to get TrackMap working with rfactor2/x86, but no luck. After some investigations i found a way to get it working. I attached "my version" of TrackMap wich is running (for me) with rfactor2 32 Bit Version. Don`t blame me, if it`s not working for you... ;-)

Download

Installation:

Remove everything related to TrackMap from your Installation.
    Copy the entire folders (Bin32 & Plugins) to the rfactor2 root folder. Don`t forget to check the box in the rfactor2 launcher for 32 bit version.

//Edit: didn`t saw your Editing, Deadpedal. Maybe it`s the same solution :)

//EDit2: please don`t forget, first to remove everything related to TrackMap from your Installation

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  17. scalino

scalino Registered

Many thanks for this mate, it helped me found the solution to my problem.

One thing is your 1st point only works if you don't use SoftTH "d3d9.dll" or any other 3rd party plugin which uses a "d3d9.dll" that must be chained with trackmap's one.

SO, if AND ONLY IF you are in this situation, you must make sure your original TrackMapPlugin.ini is still at the root of your rFactor2 installation folder. If you copy it in the bin32 location, you'll notice that a new "TrackMapPlugin.ini" file wil be created in the rFactor2 installation directory when you launch the 32bit version of the game (with the default configuration, that won't work if you have to chain another d3d9.dll).

So, to conclude, TrackMapPlugin.ini still in the rFactor2 installation directory, with the OriginalD3D9Dll key linking to the other 3rd party (renamed) d3d9.dll.

For example, my soft TH dll is named "d3d9_softth.dll", I got this line in D:\rFactor2\TrackMapPlugin.ini :

OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_softth.dll

and both works perfectly with build 798 :)

18. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Thanks for the insight, Scalino. I was unaware of this. I'm sure it will be helpful to many others as well.

19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

So this is working for some and not for others? I guess the creator has left?

20. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

It certainly takes some work to get the original plugin running in 32 bit mode. No, the creator has not "left"; he is simply not in a position to rewrite his plugin for the new file structure or rewrite it for 64bit at this point in time according to the information provided in post #212 of this thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...a-for-rFactor2?p=294067&viewfull=1#post294067
    It's certainly disappointing as I'd have moved on to rF2 64bit if it weren't for the lack of a 64 bit version of TrackMap.